Chapter 18: Prom Preparations

Ion and Delilah were officially going to prom together.

"You might as well come out," Ion chuckled.
Bowen, Randy, Mal, Benji, and Aldo walked out from behind a bookshelf, they all had slightly embarrassed expressions. Ion and Delilah realized they were still hugging, so they quickly pulled away, both blushing.
"We just wanted to make sure you guys were ok," Bowen shrugged. "That was a hell of a show in the cafeteria."
     "Chaz's jaw looked like it was gonna hit the floor," chuckled Mal. "Our gal Delilah has been doing some epic slaying lately."
     "Well... that shithead put me on the spot," Delilah fumbled, blushing slightly.
     "We can't blame you," replied Randy. "But, it's true that Beaker was planning to ask you soon."
"Dude!" Ion exclaimed.
"What? You already told her you were," Randy shrugged.
"Still," Ion blushed.

"Now the rest of us need dates," sighed Bowen. "Wanna go with me Randy?"
"Sorry, Bow, but I'm already taking my girlfriend," replied Randy.
"You have a girlfriend?" Delilah asked. "Who?"
"Uh, you're looking at her, duh," Mal smirked, pointing to herself.
"How long has this been a thing?" Bowen asked.
"Since 7th grade," Randy and Mal shrugged.
"But, you're constantly eye banging Del," Bowen retorted.
"Oh my god," Delilah face palmed.
"I eye bang lots of people, dude," Mal pointed out. "So does Randy. We got a look, but don't touch agreement. Unless we get each other's permission."
"Naturally," Randy smiled warmly at Mal, then locked hands.

"Ok, wow," said Bowen. "Didn't see that coming."
"If you need a date, I know someone," Aldo interjected. "Our sweet little Benji here has recently come out."
"Only to you guys!" Benji retorted, blushing slightly.
"Well, Delilah and Bowen are part of all this now," Aldo replied. "And I doubt you'd have had the courage to ask anyone."
     Bowen walked a little closer to Benji, eyeing him up and down. Benji was average height, not thin, but not what you would exactly call chubby. His hair was black and shaggy, brown eyes, and a hint of facial hair coming in on his upper lip. Like anyone else in the group, he often wore some geek related shirt.
"So, wanna go to prom?" Bowen asked.
"O-o-ok," Benji answered while looking at the floor.
"Now that we got all that out of the way, we should probably head back to classes," said Ion. "If we wanna talk about more prom shit, let's meet up at my house after school. Seems like our go to locale at this point.

After school, Ion drove Delilah and Bowen to his place, with Randy driving the rest. Stacey and Wendy were their usual nosy selves when Ion and his company walked in.
"It's not Saturday," Stacey pointed out.
"Good to see the school system isn't totally failing you, Stace," Ion chuckled.
"We're hear to go over some important prom stuff!" Bowen exclaimed.
"Ah shit," Ion said under his breath.
"Wait, Ion's going to prom?" Stacey asked suspiciously. "With who?" She then noticed Delilah blushing. "Holy shit! No way!"
"Yes way!" Bowen cheered.
"Is this a pity thing?" Wendy asked.
"Kill me now," Ion groaned.

"Oh right, Delilah's single after that whole nut shot incident," Stacey chuckled. "Makes way more sense now."
"How the hell do you know about that?" Ion asked. "You go to a different school."
"Social media, duh," Stacey eye rolled.
"That guy seemed like a total douche," said Wendy. "I once punched a kid in the nose for picking on me. I bet what you did was a million times more satisfying though." She then smiled big.
"It really was," Delilah chuckled. She just couldn't lie about it.
"You even made him puke!" Wendy exclaimed. "I didn't even know that possible! I gotta keep that in mind next time!"
"Don't just go around kicking kids in the nuts!" Ion exclaimed.
"I wasn't," Wendy retorted. "It's only if they deserve it."
"Invest in some steel tipped shoes," Mal chimed in.
"Ok, that's enough!" Ion groaned. "Basement! Now! No siblings!"

Down in the basement, Ion was still a bit frazzled from the interaction with his sisters.
     "Ok, so, we should make a plan to get the right clothes," said Delilah. "Maybe go shopping on Saturday?"
     "I already got a tux," replied Ion, lightening his mood.
     "What? Really?" Delilah asked, arching an eyebrow suspiciously. "How long had he been planning to ask me to prom for?"
     "Yeah, I'll show ya!" Ion exclaimed with a grin. "I can't wait to see her expression!"
     Ion went to his closet, pulling out a suit bag. He unzipped it to reveal a powder blue tuxedo.

 He unzipped it to reveal a powder blue tuxedo

     "Holy shit," gasped Delilah. "Where on Earth did you get that thing."
     "It's my dad's," Ion smiled proudly. "Definitely the reaction I expected! She's too cute!"
     "Totally vintage!" Bowen exclaimed.
     "Right? Bow gets it," Ion continued smiling.
     "Beaker's been looking for the right time to pull out this bad boy," grinned Randy.
     "You can't be fucking serious right now! exclaimed Delilah. "You are not wearing that thing!"
     "Why not!?" Ion, Bowen, and Randy asked in unison.
     "Oh, come on!" Delilah exclaimed. "You can't say you don't see how goofy it looks. Right, Mal?"
     "Hey, I'm all for sisterhood and shit. But, I side with them," Mal shrugged. "People gotta be free to express themselves."
     "At least let me see you in it," groaned Delilah. "I should've known Bowen would like it and Mal would side with them. Sisterhood my ass!"

     Ion popped out from his bathroom, wearing the full tuxedo. The only new items on it was a white dress shirt and white, slip on dress shoes. He walked with confidence and even did a twirl to show it all off. Bowen and the others clapped and cheered, while Delilah just stared at him.

     "Oh god," Delilah thought. "Now I know for sure I have a crush on Beaker! He actually looks... really fucking cute in that suit! Doesn't help that he's walking in it with such confidence! Actually, that only makes it better! Shit! Then again... that's part of why I like him so much. He's himself. He doesn't give a shit what others think. He just does what makes him happy."

     "So, whaddya think?" Ion asked with a big smile, wiggling his eyebrows. "I really hope she likes it more, seeing me in it."
     "It... actually... doesn't look bad," Delilah admitted, face palming slightly. "I'm so fucking whipped now!"
     "Huzzah!" the party shouted.
     "Now we gotta find you the perfect dress!" Bowen said to Delilah.
"Shouldn't be hard, she looks great in anything," Ion suddenly said. "Oh shit! I said that out loud!"
Ion and Delilah were both bright red now.
"Well, aren't you Mr. Smooth!" exclaimed Bowen. "But, you're one hundred percent correct! Del can rock any outfit!"
"With that body, she could rock a potato sack," smirked Mal.
This remark got everyone laughing, except for Ion and Delilah, both facepalming some more. This didn't stop the two from glancing at each other, exchanging smiles in that process.

____
Notes: New chapter! Woot! More little sister interactions! More group banter! And yes, that tux is what I plan to have Ion wear to prom. No dramatic makeover to suddenly make him hot. I don't think he needs one.

Thanks for reading! ^__^