Chapter 19: Prom

Prom night finally arrived. Delilah picked out a light blue dress to match Ion's tux. It was tight on the top with a deep v neck that really showed off her chest, with thin straps, then flowed down and had flowery frills. She wore her hair in a wavy braid style. She applied red lipstick and smoky eyeshadow. Looking at herself in the mirror, she gave herself a whistle.

     "Damn, I look good!" she exclaimed. "I'd definitely do me!"

     Despite the self confidence, Delilah was still feeling a bit nervous. She knew this was just a friend date, but deep down she was hoping Ion saw her as something more than that. When she was with Chaz, plenty of guys showed interest in her, which improved her self confidence by a ton. Part of her wishes she hadn't kicked him in the nuts (and made him puke), because it no doubt contributed to no guys attempting to ask her out. On the other hand, she could probably wait till college to date again; it wasn't far off anyway.

     She let out a sigh and made her way downstairs. Ion was standing by the doorway, with a big smile on his face. Delilah had already seen him in the vintage blue tux at his house a few weeks back, but this time felt a bit different. For starters, he'd gotten a slight trim on his hair, plus combed it. He'd also shaved any scruff off his face. He still had his glasses on, but she didn't mind. In fact, she thought he looked really handsome. Her mom. Liza, was also there, ready to take as many pictures as possible.

"Hey," Delilah said shyly.
"Hello," Ion replied with a smirk. "You look... really beautiful."
"Thanks," she said, biting her lower lip. "You... look pretty good yourself."
Ion placed a white rose corsage on her wrist, it matched the boutonnière on his lapel.
"I guess we should get going," she said. "God, I'm nervous!"
     "Sounds good," he replied. "So nervous!"
     "Pictures first!" Liza exclaimed, which made Delilah roll her eyes.

     Once Delilah's mom had taken a satisfying amount of pictures, Delilah and Ion made their way outside to his car. He opened and closed the door for her like usual, before getting in the driver's side.
     "Sorry I didn't get like a limo or something," Ion mumbled slightly, blushing a little.
     "Oh please, I love your car," Delilah chuckled, also blushing a little. "And you! You shut the fuck up, right now!"
     They didn't say anything else, as Ion started up the car and they made their way to the prom destination.

____

     Not long after arriving at their school, Delilah and Ion spotted Bowen and Benji stepping out of a limo. Bowen wore a plum colored tuxedo, with a matching colored necktie and fedora. Benji wore a green tuxedo, with a matching color vest and necktie. On their lapels were boutonnières the colors of each other's tuxes.

     "Well, don't you two just look amazing together!" Bowen exclaimed as the two couples got closer.
     "Same to you!" Delilah exclaimed.
     "Right!?" Bowen agreed. "Green is definitely Benji's color!" This remark made Benji blush.

     "Sup, bitches!" Mal called out.
     Delilah's draw dropped! At this point, she'd only ever seen Mal in hoodies and plaid skirts, only seeing glimpses of her pink hair. It was now out in full display, and was a lot longer than Delilah expected, with one side covering her right eye. Mal was rocking a black, corseted prom dress, with a shorter skirt to show off her black stiletto combat boots. While her breasts weren't as big as Delilah's, they were still in an impressive C range.

"Holy shit, Mal!" Delish exclaimed. "You look gorgeous!"
"Tell me something I don't know," Mal smirked. "You're lookin' way more fine than usual yourself."
"Why do you cover up so much at school?" Delilah asked.
"If I didn't, nobody could get shit done," Mal retorted. "They'd be way to distracted looking at this fine piece."