.3.

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑒𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓃𝑔

-

"I swear how do they expect any business when all they have to offer is a gum-chewing muck instead of a pretty, clumsy, adorable-"

"Enough Roseanne. Rave about her to someone else, I've got more important things to do."

"What could be more important than the fact that your sister has met the love of her life? Oh, probably some stinky little kid with a running nose and drooling lips."

Chaeyoung was pretty pissed and rightly so. Her sister seemed to be so detached and disinterested in what she had to say lately. Well, not recently, more like since the last 3 years. 

Don't get her wrong, Chaeyoung was incredibly proud of her little sister for pursuing and being successful in her dreams. (If you could consider becoming a pediatrician a dream per say.) But it would have been better if Mina hadn't distanced herself like this. They were never the closest pair of siblings, in fact, she could almost recollect a memory from years ago when Mina had used Chaeyoung's gumball machine without asking her, and Chaeyoung did what any other older sister would do- she shaved off one of Mina's eyebrows. 

Now that Chaeyoung was looking back, how did she even pull that off? Well, guess that's what happens when your parents see you once a week and replace themselves with a snarky, middle-aged lady who couldn't care less about anyone but herself aka 'nanny'. 

"Have you ever even had a legitimate conversation with her? Is she even gay? Do you even know if she's an actual person or a secret agent from some underworld organization?" Mina replied annoyedly, completely ignoring the fairly offensive remark about her profession. 

Trying to brush off the mental image about how hot that Lisa-girl would look with a gun and a leather jacket and doing what agents do (crime maybe), she said shortly before ending the call. "I will soon enough, if I see her today, then you bet I'm gonna ask her out!"

-

"Hey, can I get a hair spa for colored hair?"

To Chaeyoung's surprise, the woman just pointed at a chair (the same one she had been assigned to since the time she started coming here) without any snarky remark. Crossing her fingers, she peeped in and scanned the room with her almond eyes. 

And there she stood. Stupidly trying to plug in a straightener from the wrong end. 

She was wearing a pale yellow blouse which made her look like chaeyoung's favorite taffy flavor, paired with solid denim. Her short hair was neatly put into a ponytail but she hadn't bothered to pin up her bangs which made her look all the more adorable. 

Gosh, she's so cute!...

"Hey, there ma'am! Just a- Just one minute! Umm.. how do you..." The girl replied, trying to sound put together whilst she tried to get the appliances and tools in place. 

"No worries, love. Did you do something different with your eyebrows today?" Chaeyoung replied flirtily, placing her elbows on the headrest of the worn-out chair and looking down at Lisa with heart-eyes. 

The girl still rummaging through a drawer filled with hairbrushes and cat food, looked up to look at the customer. Smiling brightly, she replied, "yeah, I mean I just used brow powder instead of the pencil... You like it?" Chaeyoung felt something in her stomach shooting up to her chest at the question. 

"I like everything you do."