New friend? - chapter 5 -

Y/n = your name
N/n = your nick name
L/n = your last name
MsA/n = mrs. afton's name
M/n = your mother's name
F/n = Father's name

Not proofread
———————————————————

“Kids don't go too far!” “We won't mommy!”

Your parents sat on a red and white checkered towel placed on the grass, along Henry and William, while mrs. Afton sat on a chair.

You sprinted off to the playground as soon as you arrived. There were some other people here and there but overall it wasn't a highly frequented place.

Some kids occupied the slides, others the little wood houses and others were in the sand box square building whatever.

You noticed a pair of empty swings and called dibs on it. You sat on one while Michael, of course, took the other next to you.

You swung lightly for some time until Michael showed you a trick to impress you. He jumped off the swing while still in air and -

- he lost balance and fell face first on the ground.

You gasped slightly panicking thinking he might have gotten hurt “Mike! are you okay?”.

He showed a thumb up before sitting up, giggling. Surprisingly enough, his face just had a few scratches here and there but they weren't bleeding.

You again sat on the swings but were doing nothing. Just talking about random things. It was a peaceful morning.

All was soon interrupted when you heard loud laughter coming from the  sand-square. You looked at the source of the sound only to find three kids destroying something another one has made.

There was a big pile of sand, it looked like whatever the building was, it definitely was something that took quite some time.

The laughing kids looked like they were about 9 or 10, surrounding the younger child who was trying to not give in to tears.

The only thing you could see at that distance, was his dirty blonde hair and light – but not completely white – skin.

Michael took notice of what you were looking at and put his shyness aside before walking towards the group. You followed after him, not too far behind.

You could now make out what the others looked like. One of them stood out particularly. He looked like the child who was sitting, only a bit older and with white skin.

They were making fun of him in anyway they could, before Michael piped in.
“Hey! Leave him alone!” the older kids turned around and saw you.
They snickered, and the supposedly leader spoke up. “Or what?

“Or you are grounded for a month.” A man walked in the scene, looking at the children.
The boy chuckled nervously “you wouldn't do that, right father?”

“I would. Apologize to your brother.” he continued.
The boy's face flushed in embarassment.
“No-”
“One month and two weeks.” the father sternly added.

He grumbled out a quick 'sorry' to the kid and walked away with his friends. The father followed suit, leaving you both and the blonde alone.

Your face softened and you were hesitant to speak.
“Are you alright?”

——————————————————

Mom look! We brought a new friend”
You and Michael led the boy to your parents and Henry.

“What's your name kid?” The last questioned.

“My name is Jeremy. Jeremy Fitzgerald. It's nice to meet you.” He politely talked to the adults, evidently nervous.

“May I ask how old you are?” your father asked.
“Calm down with the questions, he probably feels overwhelmed.” your mother sighed.

Before Jeremy could speak, an unknown voice interrupted him.
“It is quite alright ma'am, he's six.”
Hands were placed on his shoulders and he visibly relaxed.
He beamed at the figure behind him.
“Hi dad!”

You and Michael glanced at each other before smiling widely and taking Jeremy with you.
“Come on Jere! Let's go play!”

He gasped softly, not expecting it, but smiled at the both of you. He finally found friends.