Her fault - Chapter 7 -

y/n = your name
n/n = your nick name
M/n = your mom's name
L/n = your last name
F/n = your dad's name
Ms/n = mrs. afton's name

I'm crying laughing
This chap is all abt Mike, besides the first bit el o el

tw: screaming, mentions of abuse(?) and fighting
-------------------

You ended up falling asleep at 9pm, waking up to the voice of William. He was calling you for breakfast.

You noticed Michael was already up, beaming at you from the door.
"N/n! you're awake! C'mon, they said we won't get breakfast if we stay here more."

You jumped out of bed and fixed whatever needed to be before going to all the adults.

They were happily chatting. There was luggage in the living room. You frowned slightly before sitting.

Nothing eventful happened during the meal, you left the house pretty early to be home at a decent hour.

On your way back home you and Michael were separated. As much as you wanted to, you couldn't stick together every day. Although your parents insisted on taking him with you, Mrs.Afton declined saying they needed to 'spend quality time'.

Your parents, especially your mother, seemed anxious but luckily you didn't notice.

During your way home, you chatted with your parents and played some games with them, sometimes singing along the songs that the autoradio station played.

———————————————————

William sighed tiredly. "There's a gas station here, I will park there for a while. I need to use the restroom and drink a coffee. Do not cause trouble."

He referred to no one in particular but his gaze was set on his wife. Michael asked his father to go with him only to be rejected.

He frowned and slumped in his seat. His leg bounced rapidly up and down anxiously as he watched William walk away.

He wanted to be with his father, not with her. He made up a random excuse.

“Mother can I-”
“No.”

She looked straight ahead, keeping her composure. She did not want to deal with him, at all.

Michael just sighed in defeat, he knew she wouldn't budge and he would only make everything worse.

“Mummy please, I need t-” he was cut off once again. “A no is a no Michael! Be a man for once, gosh.”

She rolled her eyes but he was just as stubborn as his dad was and that didn't help the situation.

“I want to go with daddy! I don't wanna be here with you!” He exclaimed and pouted before realizing what he had just done.

Mrs/A turned to face him and judging from her expression, she wasn't very happy about what he had said.

“What did you say?” She asked slowly, getting more irritated by the second.

He didn't talk, he was scared to. She continued.
“You are lucky your father ‘loves’ you or else...you certainly wouldn't be smiling.”

He didn't understand fully what she meant but by the venom in her voice, it was clear to him that it wasn't anything good. He gulped softly, breaking eye contact and looking down. Bad move.

“Look at me when I'm talking to you, little shit!” She screamed causing a scene. She reached out backseat to grab him by the shirt, pulling him a little closer.

“Do not disrespect your mother!” She slapped him hard across the face. His cheek stung and a red hand mark appeared on it.

Tears threatened to fall out of his eyes but he contained them. He sniffled quietly.

Mrs. Afton turned around acting like nothing happened as she saw William coming back. She grabbed a random magazine and opened it pretending to read.

“I'm back.” He said with a monotone voice. He didn't get back in the car tho.
His wife gave him a small wave and smiles before returning to what she was doing.

He turned to Michael whose head was hung low. The tension was thick in the air.

He smiled. “Hey buddy, do you want to come get a snack with me?” The kid looked at him before nodding and quickly scrambling out of the car.

“Father i need to use the bathroom.”

William just nodded, accompanying him.
When they were in, Michael broke into a fit of sobs. He couldn't hold it in anymore.

He sighed, his priority now was comforting his son who was a crying mess.

He didn't fail to notice the mark on Mike's face. His expression contorted to one of pure rage.

'The hell did she do this time?'