My Dream

We drive back to our hotel hand in hand but quietly; I think he's thinking the same thing I am.  We've had a beautiful day however our time in our little bubble for two is coming to an end.  Soon I'll be leaving and he will be back on tour.  I'm trying to focus on the good things, our time together and Louis wanting to try to make this work.  I tell myself no tears as I feel he's suffered enough of them from me.  Alberto opens the door to the SUV and helps me out then he lets me know he is taking Louis around to a back entrance as Preston let him know that paparazzi have been seen larking. 

It's already beginning I think to myself.  I take out my phone to call my mom who informs me that she and my siblings have eaten dinner already.  She suggests I have dinner with the guys and meet them in the morning for breakfast.  Since I have no idea what rooms any of the guys are in I just head to the elevator.  Louis knows where my room is I'm sure he will find me there.  I know he won't be far behind me but I just don't want to wait in the lobby.  Besides I'm certain that if I do it will lead to the paparazzi finding the guys.  It's better if they can move swiftly and alone.

The elevator ride has both a lonely and claustrophobic feeling.  Even though I'm alone my sad thoughts crowd me in this small space.  I shake my head remembering that just this morning I was in this elevator with a whole crew of people yet I felt more comfortable.  The elevator doors open and there he is smiling his beautiful smile.  He must have taken the stairs knowing I would come to my room.  I can't believe how well he knows me already.  I step right into his warm embrace as we stand there just holding each other a moment I can feel how heavy my heart is becoming.  I finally pull back to take Louis hand in mine. 

"My mom says they've eaten.  Do you know what the others are up to?  Should we grab dinner together?"  I ask to break the silent sadness.  I'm determined to keep from crying.

"Niall texted that they're all at a club.  I hope it's alright I told them we'd pass."

"Yes that's alright.  I'm not really up for clubbing tonight."

"Right then we should get you some food.  I guess I should have asked you about dinner while we were out."

"No it's fine. To be honest I thought my family would be around to have dinner with. Oh don't make that face I wanted you there too". I add as he gives a little pout.

"Ok well everyone has abandoned us. Would you like to have dinner downstairs?"

"I'd rather not. Would it be ok to just order room service in our rooms?" I see a flicker of sadness in his eyes

"Alright then I'll walk you to your room."

His response throws me off.  "I thought you'd want to have dinner?"  I say a little hurt.  Maybe he's trying to make it easier by saying goodnight now.  But then why would he meet me in the morning?

"I do.  I thought you wanted to be alone."

"I do...alone with you...but not like that."  I blush at my choice of words.  I know for certain that is not what I want.  Though I do trust Louis enough to be alone with him.  I mean hadn't he already spent time in my room with me consoling me just the other night.

"Haley I know what you meant.  Let's go get dinner." 

We walk to his room which I find is only a couple of doors down from mine.  When he open the door I see that the lights are dimmed with a little table holding flowers and candles on the it.  I turn back to Louis who is in the doorway.  He is leaning against the door frame with a look mixed of happiness and questioning.  I walk toward him tucking my hair behind my ear as I go.

"How did?  When did you? Louis!"  I say the string of mixed questions.

"When you went to the ladies room I spoke to Brad about it.  He talked to your mum to make sure it was ok.  I let the guys know and asked the hotel to set it up.  I got a little nervous when you wanted to go back to our rooms separately but I guess you would have had plenty to eat."