The garden

I'm beginning to think our little four some has a drinking problem when Sunday morning rolls around and I'm putting the bottles into the recycling bin.  Kate shouldn't be drinking at all isn't even 21 but here we are with 6 empty wine bottles.  Brad is coming to drop of their recycling when I say this to him.  His response is simply that in Europe where he is from having a glass of wine at night is normal and Kate would have been drinking for years by now.  His mention of Europe instantly reminds me of my conversation with Louis on Friday night.  He hasn't called since then and I simply got a "hey let me know when Brad pops the question I'd like to congratulate him" text from him this morning.  They would have finished their final show of the Euro tour today and be on break.  The break he was going to try to spend with me but not anymore I suppose.

"Oh that's a serious expression.  It's just a little wine Hales we are all fine". Brad says as he tosses the last of his recycling in the bin.

"Sorry wasn't thinking about the wine"

"Hmm I imagine you are thinking of work tomorrow and your hellish boss" he says with a little laugh?

"Ah yes that jerk". I roll my eyes and start back for my apartment.  "Any plans today"

"Haley I told you I will tell you when I plan to propose.  You are making me anxious asking me all the time."

"Brad I asked you if you had any plans today not when you plan to propose.  What's wrong with you?"

"Er you're right I am anxious all on my own.  Now that I know where and I have the ring I feel like I should just do it but I'm getting nervous that it won't be special enough."

"What are you crazy?  Of course it will be special!  Besides didn't you tell me he would be happy right in the living room.  You're a mess for no reason". I put my arm through his.  "Come on let's go see if Kate and Greg want to go to the beach"

So that's what we do; the four of us pile into Greg's Jeep and head to Santa Monica.  We hang on the beach a bit working on our tans then grab some food from a nearby taco truck and as it gets later we decide to go to the pier for a bit.  It's a nice day and gets my mind off of the fact that I should be seeing Louis in a couple of days instead I've told him to forget me.  When we get home from our beach day I'm exhausted. Kate and I order from the Thai place around the corner then settle in to watch Hitch because Will Smith is never not funny. It's only ten when the movie ends but we are both wiped so we head to bed.

I agree to drive today so Greg could take Brads car into the shop. Mondays are always a pain so I'm already moody when Brad gets in begging that I stop at Starbucks. Greg has really been strict on the caffeine thing but stopping is just going to cause us to get in late. He makes a crack about my boss again to which I simply roll my eyes. Of course I stop because I'm the nice one not to mention he says he'll buy.

"I don't mind saying you have a attitude this morning". Brad says as we are finally headed to the office.

"Sorry; I just don't like Mondays."

"Well how about I cheer you up? Not that I have caffeine in me I am happy to report that I plan to propose Saturday. I just need your help"

This does cheer me up! "Of course anything!" I say with enthusiasm

"Alright would you do me a favor and go by the gardens Wednesday and take a few pictures around the Japanese gardens? They're closed on Tuesdays and we have that meeting today. I just want to see what area may be best and my memory is dreadful. Shame we didn't take pictures that day. Then on Saturday of course I'll need you, Kate and a few others there for support, take pictures and keep the area clear for when I do it."