Goodbye

When I yawn for probably the fourth time in a row Louis takes my hand to guide me upstairs to our rooms. The elevator ride isn't as crowded since the guys and my siblings are still at dinner. Just Alberto and Jon join us to ensure no one is larking outside the guys rooms. Louis says he has something for me and asks if I can stop by his room before going to bed. If this was a couple of weeks ago I would be concerned but I'm completely sure he isn't up to anything. When we walk in the room I sit on the little love seat while Louis gets a small package out of one of his bags.

He hands me the package and I open it to find a framed picture of a selfie we took in London. It is one of the best presents I've ever gotten. Unfortunately even though I'm smiling I also yawn my thank you to him.

"It's getting late I should let you get some rest.  I'm sure you'll have packing to do in the morning.  What time are you heading to the airport?"

"I think we check out at 11.  Brad will have cars for us.  I... I don't want to go."  I finish in a hushed voice.

"I don't want you to go either". He comes over to kneel down next to me wrapping his arms around me and putting his head against my stomach.

"No I mean tonight.  I don't want to go.  Can I stay here?  I...I'm not ready for anything...you know but could I sleep here?"  I ask nervously.  I hope he's the guy I think he is and he wants to just be here with me.  My heart is pounding in my chest and my head is screaming be careful but I just don't want this night to end.

He takes my hands to lead me to the door I worry he's making me leave.  Instead he tells Alberto he's in for the night then shuts and locks the door.  As he turns around his expression is soft caring there isn't a hint of anything about it that makes me think I made the wrong decision.  It takes me a moment when I realize I don't have my pajamas here. 

"I think I need to go to my room". His face falls. "I haven't changed my mind I just realized I don't have anything to sleep in". I say to clarify my reasoning.

"If you're alright with it I know I have a clean jumper and pants you can borrow.  Might be a bit big but you'll only be sleeping in them."  He offers.

"Yes that will be fine." 

He digs in his suitcase until he pulls out two shirts and two pairs of shorts. I take one of each and go into the bathroom. I slip out of my jeans and top to replace them with Louis clothes. I leave my bra on even though it's not exactly comfortable to sleep in I don't want to give any suggestions of anything happening. When I come out he's also changed into the remaining set. His faces lights up when he sees me and my heart skips a beat at how he's looking at me. He's turned on the television to old Friends reruns which I smile at. He had asked me if I had any favorite shows just earlier today. I'm guessing he feels this will put me more at ease.

"I wasn't sure how tired you were so I thought I would turn on the Telly for a bit."

"I like the way you think". I feel a bit awkward standing there but I also don't want to be so forward as to go sit in the bed. As always I swear he reads my mind because he comes over takes my hand and leads me to the head of the bed. I sit back against the head board he walks over to the other side and does the same. It's a bit chilly in the room now that I don't have long sleeves and jeans so I sit up to pull the blankets over me then snuggle down a bit.  Louis joins me careful not to get too close but I choose to move closer to him and move to put my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me with a content sigh. This is how we fall asleep cuddled up together in bed perfectly happy.

I'm not really sure what causes me to wake but I'm keenly aware before my eyes even open that I am curled up on Louis chest with both his arms holding me tightly. I smile and breath him in this man who has started to heal my broken spirit. When I smile his arms tighten and I open my eyes to see him smiling at me. He leans his face down to plant a kiss on my lips and I smile into the kiss.