╰┈➤ chapter three ━━━━ ★ coach hedge

chapter three!

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

in which coach hedge becomes a goat-man man-goat human-goat goat-human

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

AS A LOVER OF rain, who also had been fascinated with storms and how they emerged, avi wasn't afraid of storms

and as an observant person, she could tell the storm didn't develop naturally.

usually, thunderstorms arise when layers of warm, moist air rise in a large, swift updraft to cooler regions of the atmosphere. there, the moisture contained in the updraft condenses to form towering cumulonimbus clouds and, eventually, precipitation.

columns of cooled air then sink earthward, striking the ground with strong downdrafts and horizontal winds. at the same time, electrical charges accumulate on cloud particles, for example water droplets and ice.

but avi had witnessed nothing of that. which led her to believe something was severely wrong, and what reinforced her hypothesis was coach hedge's aggressive yelling ( "go, go, go!" ).

there was a good chance jason had something to do with this — he didn't have his memories, and talked to coach hedge, and after talking to coach hedge, a storm arose.

it's pretty suspicious.

avi grabbed leo in a swift move, collected her items and dragged the boy, who was slightly shorter than her, with her.

"hey, woah, wait, i —"

"leo!" she hissed, and gave him a look of pure exhaustion. "please."

the boy shut up and just followed her, nodding. he knew when to not to push her buttons.

from far away, jason watched the two of them leave, but he couldn't bring himself to follow them.

his feet were planted into the ground for some reason, and he knew instantly that whatever was going to happen, would be bad.

avi stopped, as if she had felt jason's gaze on her.

what about you?, her eyes seemed to scream.

"i'll be okay, just go in first!" jason mouthed and for some reason, he reached into his pocket, his fingers feeling the cold metal of the gold coin.

meanwhile, avi frowned in worry.