╰┈➤ chapter six ━━━━ ★ chiron interrogates avi and jason... or vice versa?

chapter six!

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

chiron interrogates avi and jason... or vice versa?

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

AS SOON AS THE two went to the "Big House", as drew called the head quarters, avi felt a weird string that seemed to want to pull her away from that house

she couldn't explain it, but something in her — like an instinct, a reflex, perhaps? — screamed at her to get away as fast as she could.

jason seemed to feel it, too, because he said, "i am not supposed to be here.".

to which drew replied with, "yeah, maybe not you, but avi's going to have to stay here."

avi felt uncomfortable. "look, drew," she smiled at her with a tender smile, "i appreciate all of this, but you should go and rest. i'm sure you've had an exhausting day, today, hm?"

she slipped her arm away as gently as she could. drew's smile fell and the hospitality seemed to drop to zero.

"is it that guy?" drew pouted. "oh, please, tell me you are not dating the weird blonde guy."

avi blinked at her with a confused look, as she looked at jason. "you... you mean jason? i, uh — drew, look, this isn't about whether i'm dating jason or not, i —"

drew rolled her eyes with a sigh. "let me help you decide, sweetie. you can do better. a demigod with your looks and obvious talent?"

she wasn't looking at her, though. she was staring at a spot right above her head.

"you're waiting for a sign," jason suddenly spoke up. "like what popped over leo's head."

drew looked like she had been caught red-handed. avi swallowed hard.

and i thought she really wanted to be friends with me.

"what? no! well... yes i mean, from what i heard, you're pretty powerful, right?" drew laughed nervously, as her eyes darted back to avi, now ignoring jason once again. "and... and you're going to be important at camp, so i figure your parent will claim you right away, and i'd love to see that. i wanna be with you every step of the way! so is your dad or mom the god? please tell me it's not your mom. i would hate it if you were an aphrodite kid."