╰┈➤ chapter twelve ━━━━ ★ about dreams & dragons

ITS A...

*drums please*

DOUBLE UPDATE!!

enjoy <333

chapter twelve!

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

about dreams and dragons

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

THE SCENE OF BETRAYAL opens — cloudy skies, blood and pain laying heavily in the thick air, somewhere, a female warrior screeched in agony

whether the cause of that scream was because she was wounded or because she'd lost a person dear to her was unclear to jason.

what mattered right now the most was the person he was about to loose in this moment.

"you...? you're betraying us, avi?" jason whispered, agony and pain in his voice, it was so clear and so salient as if he was in physical pain.

he clutched his chest firmly as his eyes began to look teary. "you...?"

"look, we're... we're demigods. you, all of you — you guys, you are heroes, and you're more god-like than i'll ever be. i'm... mortal. i'm human, i'm vulnerable, and i'm fucking scared of death." avi screamed her soul out at the last part, sheer distress, pure agitation and the unhealthy amount of dread making her words more gut-wrenching and burning than they already did.

her eyes were bloodshot and wide open, they had something crazed and hysterical about them, and her cheeks were reddened, as if the blood in her veins was rushing too fast.

"listen, avi —" jason yelled back, distress and anguish mixing into his voice, as tears that sparkled like diamonds fell onto his cheeks.

"no, you listen to me, jason! i'm fucking frightened, okay? i'm fucking selfish, i'm greedy, and i'm ugly for that, i know," avi screeched in misery, "but, jason, i'm not going to apologise for my want to live, for doing everything to keep this," she gestured to her neck, "attached to this body, to continue breathing and living. i'm not going to, jason, and i think you should know that."

"avi, i need you! god, we, we need you! avi, i fucking love you, can't you see?"

silence.