╰┈➤ chapter nine ━━━━ ★ the one with the prophecies, oaths & lightning

chapter nine!

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ ⚡︎ ◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

the one with the prophecies, oaths and lightning

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

THE ATMOSPHERE AT THE campfire night was boisterous and lively, relaxed and calm

avi could say she was enjoying herself, sitting beside jason, and talking to piper — chatting as in basically avi teasing her about her crush on annabeth.

"i so do not have a crush on annabeth —" piper hissed, but was interrupted by chiron.

"and a special welcome to our new arrivals. i am chiron, camp activities director, and i'm happy you have all arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached. in a moment, i promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first —"

"what about capture the flag?" somebody yelled. grumbling broke out among some kids in armor, sitting under a red banner with the emblem of a boar's head.

"yes," the centaur yelled, trying to keep the atmosphere calm. "i know the ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

the... ares cabin?

avi took it upon herself to inspect them a little bit closer — they seemed like restless souls, a bunch of warriors and fighters.

"and kill people!" one of them shouted.

"wait a second, i didn't sign up for that —" jason whispered hastily.

"shhh," piper cooed and snapped her fingers. jason rolled his eyes in return. to which, in return, avi rolled her eyes at.

"however," chiron announced, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. cabin nine, anything to report on that?"

he turned to leo's group. the girl next to him stood uncomfortably. she wore an army jacket a lot like leo's, with her hair covered in a red bandanna. "we're working on it."