Chapter 5: A Dance With The Kraken Captain

It was still midnight and after Jones threw his locket into the sea. He was hurting badly, very badly. But he looked towards the deck. Madeline had woken up and walked out to the deck looking for Jones, as he sighed and slid down the mast using his tentacle. "I see you're awake. I hope I didn't wake you love."

Madeline smiled and hugged Jones tightly, which really caught him off guard he made a popping sound with his lip, he enjoyed her touch. "You didn't wake me captain. I just had a nightmare is all.."

Jones looked at her and wrapped his tentacle arm around her waist, then he heard Maccus and some of his crew playing instruments on the deck. "Quiet you land lovers!" Jones yelled. But after he did so Madeline placed her hand on his cheek. "It's alright captain. It's lovely music."

Jones glared at her. "Yes it may be lovely, but their doing so, to be mockable." But Madeline smiled. "But it's music, it's better to dance to."

Jones smirked, letting go of Madeline then started to take a bow to her. "Ms. Madeline Sparrow, may I have this dance?" Madeline smiled and curtsied back to Jones. "Captain Davy Jones, you may have every dance."

It was at this moment Jones' tentacle hand held her hand. And his claw being slightly open not enough to crush her, held her waistline. As Madeline's other hand held onto the claw arm but not the hand.
She laid her head into Jones' chest. As he laid his onto her head.

Maccus looked out. "Hey boys look at that.. the captain is happy for once!"

Woodward sighed gently. "Never have I ever seen the captain so happy. And genuinely happy for once. Unless it was with Calypso!"

Jones started to dance gently with Madeline, making sure she was comfortable with the movements. Then he looked down at her and sighed happily, but then Madeline looked up at Jones, and kisses his lip gently for a second then she placed her head against his coat shoulders.

Jones stared blankly. And then blinked, knowing a woman had kissed him, and she wasn't calypso. But at this point he wanted to forget calypso and make a new start with Madeline. Was Jones letting his guard down with her, yes he was; but he didn't wanna show it. "Madeline you look, lovely tonight."

Madeline blushed as Jones tentacles gently caressed her face. "Thank you captain." Jones smiled proudly. "Ye know, you are my bride. Ye don't need to call me captain, like everyone else.. you can just call me Jones."

Madeline looked at him sweetly. "I know, but I want to be respectful sir." Jones just started laughing. "Lass, your the adopted sister of Jack Sparrow. How come ye ain't like him?"

Madeline sighed pulling away from Jones. "Just because someone is part of a family doesn't mean they won't grow up to be disrespectful or respectful. Davy Jones!"
Jones just sighed, as she pulled away from him. "I'm sorry love, I didn't mean to upset you."

Madeline just sat over the railing as Jones sat next to her. "Look Jones I'm new to the whole love thing. I may know what it is but I never really been in the best relationship.. I mean I was supposed to get married to my fiancé but he stood me up at the wedding.. he never came I was left there at the alter crying." Jones sighed and held her close and tight to him, not to hurt her of course; just to comfort her. "I didn't know that.. jack never told me that."

Madeline sighed. "Why would he have. He doesn't care about if I were dead or alive hence, if he ever did care about me. I wouldn't be here on the Dutchman." Jones then laughed. "Jack sparrow never cared for anyone except himself. He didn't even care to pay back his debt with 100 souls. Instead he gave me you."

Madeline looked at Jones. "And just how much was my soul worth?" Jones sighed gently and kissed her head. "More than his.. your soul is pure, and that's what I mostly look for in a woman."

Madeline chuckled sweetly caressing his tentacles as they wiggled right into her hand. "You know. If we do marry. At least I'll know I'm cared for at least." Madeline then laid her head on Jones' chest.

Jones smiled. "You'll always be cared for, me love." He pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her, caring for her the best he could, but the fact is.. Jones was actually trying to love again, and that shocked everyone in his crew.

All Jones could hear now, was a tiny little snore. He knew at this moment Madeline fell asleep, close to him. "Goodnight Madeline." Jones said quietly and picked her up carrying her to his quarters and laying her down on the bed and then also laying down next to her, also falling asleep and he made the popping noise from his mouth and tentacles, ever so once and a while in his sleep.

(the song they were dancing To: "Tale as old as time" Beauty and the beast)