Chapter 11

Vic Galang went to her room while she still have the ability... the control to do so. A control which she is 101 per cent sure would dissolve to nothingness if she was to kiss or touch her secretary again.

A scotch in hand, she went to her room balcony, where she stood motionless in the black velvet of the night... thinking, smiling at what had just taken place even if she ached with the need for her.

.

.

.

It was business as usual the next day. On Thursday she and Vic were back in the office and their evening was spent as guests at the home of Don Bennet and his wife. They were giving a dinner party for fourteen people and it went on till the early hours.

It was three in the morning when they got back to the hotel and Mika was feeling asleep on her feet. Vic already told her she could take Friday off... that she would deal alone with the little work which remained to be done.

Over breakfast on Friday morning, Vic surprised her by telling her she should pack her bags. Mika was half way through a dish of mangoes and paw-paw-- a fruit she never tasted until she came to Africa. She had ordered them for breakfast every morning, loving them. "But why, Vic?" Her disappointment showed. Why are they cutting the trip short? They are not scheduled to fly back to Manila till Sunday and she had secretly hoped that Vic will take her to see the Nairobi National Park on Saturday... that vast area of open countryside through which one could drive and see the animals wandering in their natural environment. "We are not due to fly home till Sunday evening. Does this mean you want me to change our flights? It is a very short notice. I don't think we'll be able to..."

"No we are leaving on Sunday as planned." Vic smiled, watching her as she scooped up the last of her fruit. "But we have earned a rest and there is something you have to see before you leave Kenya."

"What? Where? And why do we have to check out of this place?" Her disappointment was replaced with curiosity and her eyes lit up. When the boss said nothing, she grinned at the stubborn look on her face. "You are not going to tell me, are you?"

Vic's eyes moved down to the provocative swell of her breasts as she leaned forward, pulling a face at her. She was braless, wearing a yellow T-shirt which was embroidered with butterflies and it hugged her like a second skin. Vic pushed her chair from the table and stood up. "See you later, beautiful girl."

The comment gave Mika something to smile about for the whole morning. Beautiful girl eh... Where was she taking her? Excited she went upstairs straight away and packed her suitcase.

The boss went to go somewhere to arrange some things but promised to be back for lunch and for their check out.

She was lying by the swimming pool when Vic came back just before noon. She was wearing a black bikini which was wet from her swim. Her eyes were closed, but Vic's gaze was something she sensed before she actually saw her.... before her shadow fell over her where she lay. "Oh! I... I did not think you would be back till one or so."

"Now, there is something in black which really suits you. There is so little of it to give offence. Uhmmm... Do you plan on travelling in it?" She said it as though she meant it.

"Certainly not! I would be arrested."

"I find it... uh... very arresting."

Mika laughed, covering herself with a towel as she shifted to a sitting position. "I am ready, believe it or not. All I have to do if throw on a shirt and jeans."

.

.

.

An hour later, she was climbing into a white convertible Mercedes. Vic was at the wheel and their suitcases were in the boot. "This is a lovely car, Vic. Did you rent it?"