Chapter 12

After unpacking, Mika took a long soak in the bath... glad to be out of the car, as much as she had enjoyed being on it. What a place this was! And there was so much to do... another option, is to do nothing at all. The choice was simple as that. Given her way, she would opt for the latter. All she wanted to do this week-end was to wander around the grounds, look at the lake, take a swim in the pool, take pictures using her phone (would you believe she forgot her camera... tsk!), eat and be waited on.

Mika joined Vic in the sitting room when she had finished dressing for dinner.

"Is everything to you satisfaction, madam?" Vic smiled. Mika's dress was deep gray almost the color of her eyes. The soft folds of the skirt swung slightly as she walked into the room and its close-fitting bodice accentuated the gentle curve of her breasts whose beauty the boss had not yet seen. Already, her desire for the secretary was stirring in her loins. All she had to do was look at her...

They ate in the main dining room of the club house- a delicious meal of smoked salmon, fresh lobster, lamb steak, fresh strawberries... and it started happening to Mika all over again. Vic Galang had all her attention. Vic in a white, short-sleeved, button up cotton shirt making contrast against the tan of her skin- unspeakably desirable! She would have to be careful! She must remember the vow she made and keep up her guard.

"Mika, is something wrong? You have seemed to have vanished into your own thoughts."

"No! Nothing is wrong. Everything is perfect."

Vic excused herself for a moment and Mika slipped back into her thoughts, glancing around the restaurant. It was so beautiful here... with majestic outline of Mount Kenya against the moonlight for a backdraft, the tropical plants and flowers, the dramatic lighting of the restaurant... and the person she was with. Mika could smell danger in the air. She must not forget her resolve. She must not forget that there was already a woman in Vic Galang's life.

They strolled back to the villa a while later, walking slowly under a starlit sky from which a shimmering moon watch over them. They were in the Equator Courtyard. There was a beautifully lit giant tree in the middle. A resort staff told them earlier that it was called the Equator tree. Everything was beautiful to the eyes. Before this night, Mika was not aware that the equator line lights up at night.

Vic's arm was around her waist, creating tension inside the woman in skirt... a tension that had been building all evening...

Mika shivered, for the night air was not as warm as she had expected it to be. Vic stopped, her arm tightening around her. "Cold, darling?"

Darling! Oh, if only she meant it.

The secretary pretended the boss meant the endearment. She told herself her love meant it as the latter took her in her arms and her mouth hungrily possessed hers.

Vic kissed her passionately, long and deep. "I want you, Mika." Her lips trailed a path of fire from her mouth to the base of her throat, drawing from her a soft moan which came involuntarily.

As they near their villa, the door opened and a waiter emerged, bowing courteously as he bade them goodnight.

When Mika stepped into the sitting room, all her suspicions were resurrected and alarm bells started clanging in her head. The lamps were on, the fire was lit, adding a warm and romantic glow to the room, and by the sofa there was an ice bucket hugging a bottle of champagne. The air was thick with danger now, and there was only one way for her to get off this...

"Vic..."

She got no further. Vic drew her onto her arms the moment the door was closed behind her... murmuring against the silky skin of her neck. "Mika... my beautiful darling..."