Chapter Eighteen: The Deity [1]

In this world, brute force will not enough to even take down people, well perhaps if you're lucky enough to overpowered them. They could recover rapidly without the need of doctors nor medicine. Magic, their one aspect for combat could instantly kill you in one blow.

"My, my. Look at that terrified expression, when you meet someone, you should at least greet them, shouldn't you?" The glowing maiden spoke, arms crossed as she sigh.

All Luna did was glare at bare her teeth at her. She was wary. After all, she was a deity.

A certain conversation from last week flow through Luna's memory lane.

"Say agapius, I've been thinking, does other Deity has the right to enter this realm? Can they also know that this body have a different soul?"

'Eh~ one question at a time please. But to answer your first question, they can't, but they do can can force their way in, which will only give us a major casualties. Second, some can and some can't, if one can broke in here and it's someone who can sense that kind of thing... We'll be in great trouble.'

It's just as agapius said, the change of scenario and sudden appearance of monsters that was not supposed to appear was all because of this Deity standing right in front of her.

Danger, that's what she was sensing, in addition, she knew about 'him'. This Deity can determine that she was not from this world—rather the soul inside of her body.

'Just who is she?'

The Deity snickered as she looked at her amused.

"I know you have a lot of flooding questions, but first and foremost, I have an offer that you might— no I'm sure you won't refuse."

...

There was something in her tone that made Luna shudder. An offer. She didn't like the sound of it, not even one bit.

"... I'm all ears." She replied, hesitatedly.

A huge mischievous grin formed on the Deity's face, but she had her head on low that was out of sight for Luna to even see.

Something made Luna gulp, she felt sweat building up on top of her forehead.

***

Up in the air, a sudden wind burst through, brushing the tree leaves as they flutter above.

A certain glowing figure that was invisible to the naked eye was soaring high up into the night sky. His eyes wondering in every outskirt of the forest below him.

"Where is it..." He mumbled as he stop mid air floating wandering his eyes to a certain spot. His eyes widen as he finally found what he was looking for.

Agapius immediately drift down through the certain location. Once he gently landed on his feet there he saw a cave, he then strode inside.

The darkness was nothing, for he himself was enough to light up the pitch dark path.

He strode deeper and deeper inside the secluded cave. As he had reached the central part, a dripping sound that echoed welcomed him.

Roaming his eyes as he continued to walk in, Agapius then spotted a circular thing floating up ahead, down was a gushing water circulating  on a round compact ground where the item was floating. It was a some kind of core.

It was glowing. Agapius flew up as he approached the glowing core. Extending his hand as he was about to touch it, but suddenly a chain appeared wrapping around the core making him to withdraw.

Haaaa.

He sighed continuing to look at the floating core chained in front of him.

Once again roam his head and eyes around.