Chapter 2

Large crows caw, circling above the abandoned Wally's Wonderland.

A theme park obscured almost entirely by colossal purple walls surrounding it. The entrance is a pair of yellow and red striped gates, and a large marquee, which has the park's fancy title set out in rainbow colors, hangs above them. On top of it is a giant cutout of the park's mascot, Wally Weasel. His hands are raising high above, and his smile is as big as ever.

Tex Macadoo, the owner, is pacing back and forth, waiting for a visitor. He's in his mid-50s, with grey hair, a faded-brown business suit, and a white wide-brimmed fedora.

Tex stops in his tracks. He's bored out of his mind. He's been waiting here for hours. He soon hears caws right next to him. He looks down and sees a fat-ass crow standing to the right of him. He immediately kicks the bird away like a soccer ball.

Tex then sees something in the distance.

It's Jeff's tow truck, driving towards him and the park. The truck stops in the parking lot of Wally's. The quiet drifter hops out and walks towards Tex.

"Well howdy there." Tex says proudly, smiling.

The drifter stops in front of the man. Jeff hops out his truck as Tex chats with the drifter:

"The name's Tex Macadoo, and welcome to Wally's Wonderland, the greatest amusement park man-kind has ever seen... or at least it once was. So, you must be the guy who got his jeep broken down eh?"

Tex is expecting the drifter to give him an answer. Instead he just takes off his sunglasses, with no response at all.

"Well?" Tex asks after waiting.

"Sorry, he doesn't talk much." Jeff says.

"Ah. Well, can't really complain about that." Tex says. "I enjoy a man of few words. It kinda makes ya like 'em more, unlike the more talkative folk."

After snickering from the statement, he talks to the drifter:

"So anyways, business is not what it used to be pal. This place has been condemned for decades, but I'm planning on reopening it and make it better than ever. Give it back its charm, make it a wonderland again, and give the kids a wonderful time again."

Tex chuckles.

The drifter, as usual, is unfazed.

He then notices that the walls are vandalized with graffiti, with phrases including:

GATEWAY TO HELL!

SAVAGE BEASTS!

A LIVING NIGHTMARE!

CURSED LAND!

Pretty fishy.

"But yeah enough bull-shit, here's the deal," Tex begins. "You spend the night cleaning up here, and I'll pay to have your jeep good as new. By tomorrow morning, your ride will be waiting for you as soon as you come out. So, whattaya say?"

Tex extends his hand out to the drifter.

The silent man looks at his hand as if he's unsure about this whole deal. Then he looks up at the Wally cutout, and stares at the cute and happy weasel.

Just looking at this mustelid is giving him some strange déjà vu. Almost as if he's familiar with this park. A feeling also tells him there might be danger.

After a lengthy observation, the drifter looks back at Tex and nods. The men shake.

"Good. Now, let's check it out." Tex says.

He ushers the drifter to the entrance and opens the gates. Jeff watches them enter the wonderland.

The entire place looks awful. A nasty haze hangs in the air. Dead leaves are flying everywhere. A few thin black trees and sage-bushes are sprinkled everywhere, making the park feel a little claustrophobic.