Chapter 4

The janitor has finished cleaning the merry-go-round. The entire ride is spot on. The seats are fixed, the lights are working properly, and the platform looks shiny.

With it done, the janitor heads off to another attraction to tidy up:

A dark ride with a Brazilian rainforest theme. An ongoing river with a couple of wooden boats sitting in there, dozens of fake trees, green lights lighting up the area, a tree house in the distance, rope ladders, rope bridges, etc. There's a few animal dolls on some of the trees, rope, and ground, like parrots, toucans, frogs, and marmosets. All with eyes that glow in the dark. Plus, LOTS of trash.

The janitor sighs at the amount of work he has to do here, but gets to it anyways. Using his broom, he sweeps the rubbish from the grounds and dumps them in the trash cart. He lifts some fallen trees back up. He pulls out some garbage in the river with a cleaning net. He tears apart some of the rope ladders and bridges and replaces them with new ones. He fixes some of the lights that are flickering, or are not working at all. He uses his spray cleaner to wipe the dust off a few signs and cutouts.

The janitor never shows a single negative emotion as he works his ass off to get this whole place clean.

As he finishes up near the end of the ride, he notices another animatronic on a stage over in the corner.

This is Selina Snake. A 10 foot long viper standing up at 6 ½ feet, with ice-blue eyes, yellow leather skin, sharp fangs, and wearing a necklace with a single green jewel, and a headdress with five multicolor feathers.

The janitor's not pleased by her presence, especially after a giant toad tried to attack him. He walks straight up to Selina, expecting her to come to life. Weirdly enough, her eyes aren't as hypnotic as Wally's, especially for a snake.

After a long moment...

Nothing.

The janitor turns and goes back to cleaning. He dumps the last pile of waste in his trash cart. He's finally done cleaning up the rainforest. But before he leaves, he hears a feminine voice with a thick Spanish accent:

"Hola chico,"

The janitor immediately turns his attention back to Selina.

She's gone.

"Wanna play Hide-and-Seek?" The voice, obviously belonging to the snake, calls out somewhere around the area she once was.

The janitor, holding his broom as a weapon, heads over to Selina's stage. He looks all around. She's nowhere.

"You'll never find me, I'm muy buena at hiding." She calls out again, this time behind him.

The janitor turns, figures the voice came from the trees. He slices his way through them with his broom, and finds himself in an open space. But Selina's nowhere in sight, only her voice can be heard:

"Feeling frío amigo? Don't worry, you're getting mas cálido..."

The janitor is seriously having a hard time searching for her. He looks everywhere around the area, almost like he's going in circles. But he's not afraid. He's not gonna jump, run, or hide like a pussy. He's gonna stay brave, and find the menace he's looking for.

He soon hears a tree branch break loudly behind him. He turns, seeing nothing but eyes belonging to the dolls watching him, all creepy in every way. But then he notices that one pair stands out. They're either dark blue, yellow, or red. But these ones are a familiar ice-blue.

Before he could react, what these eyes belong to shoots out of the trees with a high-pitched shriek at him, hitting the janitor in the head and knocking him off his feet.