Chapter 3

The quiet drifter, dressed and ready for work, turns on the lights, illuminating the entire park with flickering rainbow fluorescence. The neon marquee outside also lights up.

The man then sets his tactical-military watch.

BEGIN WORK – BEEP.

With that he begins his job as janitor of Wally's Wonderland.

Using the broom, he sweeps up all of the dead leaves on the ground, plucks out the sage-bushes, and dumps them all in the trash cart. And when it becomes completely full, he heads to the back wall of the park where a dumpster is at, and throws the trash inside.

The whole thing rinses and repeats until he finishes cleaning up the grounds, with the dumpster almost full.

Afterwards, he heads over to the snack bar. Pretty much a typical concession stand, with pink walls, a pyramid roof with a cutout of Wally munching on popcorn on top, and a popcorn and cotton candy machine. These two are surprisingly in good condition.

The janitor, using the spray cleaner and a towel, gets to work at wiping the dust and dirt off the walls. He then enters the stand and cleans up the rest, even the exteriors of the machines. He then goes back outside the snack bar, and uses a ladder to climb up and clean the Wally cutout.

Afterwards, it's time to clean the attractions.

Starting with the Ferris wheel.

One of the tallest rides of the park, with 20 seats painted with cherry blossoms.

Standing next to the wheel's sign is Nica Newt, one of the five animatronics that are the faces of each of the rides. Nica, around 5 feet tall with latex yellowish-orange skin, is dressed up as a Japanese school girl. A white T-shirt, a blue collar, a red neckerchief, a blue pleated skirt, and stockings. Her face is rather ugly, with pink fish-like lips, hazel eyes, long eyelashes, and black hair with pigtails.

Now how the hell can the janitor clean this damn thing?

Simple.

He pulls down each seat, blows away the leaves with an old but still functional leaf-blower, and starts scrubbing them. Scrubbing them so neat and tidy. He also fixes up the rusty mechanisms with baking soda.

This takes a few hours to do, until boom! The Ferris wheel becomes spectacular. It looks brand new.

With one ride down, the janitor packs up his supplies and is about to leave to find another one to clean; but then he stops, and turns. Nica Newt, who is right next to him, has her head tilted, appearing as if she's staring at him.

The janitor looks around the amphibian, trying to see if there was a cause of the different position. Then...

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

He looks at his watch. It says: BREAKTIME, 15 MIN

He takes one last look at Nica, and goes off to the snack bar.

The janitor starts up the popcorn machine. It starts off rather slowly. He could just hear the ominous buzzing sound.

But the janitor ain't complaining. He'd have to live with the hardships of life. So he's just staring deadly at the machine.

Waiting and waiting and waiting.

A minute later...

POP!

The popcorn's finally getting ready.

POP! POP! POP!

The janitor continues to stare until the machine's done making his snack.