PROLOGUE

1975

Rachel Hart looked down at her seven year old daughter who was playing with some blocks. She looked up at the doctor and spoke.

"There's something wrong with my child." She said, her green eyes landing on the doctor before her. The old woman shook her head and spoke.

"I'm not following, you said your daughter has trouble sleeping?" She asked and Rachel nodded.

"I-It's not just sleeping. Sometimes I'll check in on her and she'll be up, or she'll start walking with her eyes closed. I mean, last week she fell off the tub and she wasn't even awake!" Rachel exclaimed looking down at her daughter and the old woman shook her head.

"Mrs. Hart, your daughter has severe Somnambulism, also known as sleepwalking." She said and Rachel shook her head.

"No, it's- there's something else going on. She talks in her sleep! Preforms activities, does random things." She said and the doctor gave her a small smile and spoke.

"It happens to kids a lot more than you would think. Just keep an eye on her." She said and Rachel clenched her jaw and left the doctors office with her kid.

1982

Rachel looked to her right, seeing her youngest daughter, Emerson looking out the window, seeing all of the greenery, as they made their way to the grocery store. Emmy was biting her lip as American Pie by Don McLean was playing on the radio.

"Been having any dreams lately?' Her mother asked, causing Emmy to turn to her and she shook her head.

"No, why?"She asked and Rachel spoke, putting the music down.

"It's just, you've been sleepwalking again. I found the front door to the house unlocked. The backdoor was also unlocked and the window to the bathroom was broken." She said with a scowl and Emmy internally cringed, knowing that Sam had snuck out through the backdoor, causing it to be open and then he snuck back in through the bathroom.

"Yeah, I-I guess I had another episode." She said and Rachel shook her head and spoke.

"This is going to stop now, Emerson. I've tried for as long as I could to respect you out of your father's wishes, but I think enough is enough." Rachel said, causing Emmy to furrow her eyebrows inwards and  Rachel looked at Emerson who was sitting up he seat and she spoke.

"There's something inside of you, I know it." She said, causing Emerson to look at her.

"You're the devil." She spat, looking at her through the rearview mirror and then she shook her head and spoke.

"I won't have you corrupt my kids, I'm going to keep them safe." She said and then took her steering wheel and jerked it to the right, swerving into a ditch.