NINE

Emmy sat in the back of Steve's car, with her legs propped under her as Steve and Nancy sat in the front, as they were parked in front of the high school. Emmy looked down at her outfit, her black Metallica shirt was tucked into her denim washed jeans. Her outfit also consisted of her worn out white Nikes and her rings. Her hair was loose, her natural soft curls pulled the entire outfit together.

Emmy looked out the window as some rock music played in the background. "I just feel like this school year will drag." Steve said causing Nancy to shrug her shoulders and she spoke.

"Something could happen, you just never know it." 

"Don't jinx us, Nance. We don't need another Demogorgan almost killing us." Steve said, causing Emmy to look down at her leg that was covered by her jeans. She breathed in at the mention of the monster they fought last year and American Pie by Don McLean came on, causing Emmy to stop breathing.

"Bye-Bye Miss American Pie. Drove my cheevy to the levee but the levee was dry. Them good old boys were drinking whisky and rye, singing 'this will be the day that I die.'"

"Emmy." A voice whispered, causing Emmy to furrow her eyebrows inwards 

Emmy swore her heart stopped as the song played in the background, as Nancy and Steve continued talking about the Demogorgan. Emmy leaned forward from her place in the middle of the backseat and she reached between Nancy and Steve and shut the radio off, causing Nancy and Steve to look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Em?" Nancy asked, looking at the girl who looked at the radio with wide eyes.

"Emmy." Steve said, this time causing Emmy to flinch and she turned towards Nancy and furrowed her eyebrows inwards.

"W-what?" 

"Are you okay?" She asked and Emmy nodded and grabbed her bag and spoke. "I-I'm going to get to class early, I'll see you guys later." She said and Nancy nodded slowly as Emmy rushed out of Steve's car, with her back pack.

Nancy looked at Steve and then looked at the radio, confusion written all over her face.

Emmy marched into the school walking past the student parking lot, gripping her backpack to the point where her knuckles were almost white. She began to make her way into the bathroom, but as she turned the sharp corner, she bumped into a firm chest. Warm hands sneaking around her waist to stop her from falling to the floor right on her ass.

She looked up, seeing Billy Hargrove who looked into her eyes with curiosity.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Emmy said softly and Billy chuckled, and looked down at her and spoke.

"Yeah, I could tell. Everything alright?" He asked, smiling softly as he looked into her eyes and she nodded and spoke.

"Y-yeah I just gotta go to the bathroom." She said and Billy grinned and spoke, looking down at her.