Chapter 9 Every Good Thing Comes To An End ___________________________

Chapter 9

Every Good Thing Comes To An End

___________________________

(Adelard's POV)

It's been a while since our trial in court and I'm still delighted that I now have full custody over Anthony .Retio moved back to his after a while, Anthony didn't take it too well but he managed. I did seem to notice before he left he had been acting a bit off and it kinda worried me, but anyway I was now busy as Anthony was going to turn 5! In 2 days!.

"Daddy!Daddy! Loooookkkkkk i drew this " "It's me and you and Retty!!Do you like it?" I look over my desk to see Anthony holding out a drawing of me and Retio holding Anthony's hands reading "Hapy Famaly" "Aw I love it Anthony, it's beautiful, come here" i give him a hug and get a buzz on my phone.

I checked my phone to see Retio had texted me Retio:Hey Addy, When are you gonna come?, could you come slightly earlier?. I was confused at first but went with it .Adelard:Okay?, is everything alright tho?, you know I don't like it when you worry me. A few moments later I got another text saying Retio: yeah ik and I'm sorry heh, could you please come tho?, like at like 6?. I look at the time it was only 4.46pm and that I had a while till then. Adelard: Oh yeah sure be there. Retio: Yeah cya then <3. I then remember something and quickly put on my coat. I change up Anthony and we head out. We reached the destination which was about 20 minutes away. I unbuckled Anthony and we got out "dad, where are we ?" Anthony says with a panic "Oh someone special, and sure they'd love to see us again.., they have a son your age maybe you could make friends with him how's that sound?" I say with a smile "okay!". "But please behave okay?" . "Okay dad!" We reach the door and I knock fidgeting with my fingers. Moments later the door opens "Yes-,...ADELARD?-" I see the woman at the door scream "Yup.. the one and only!".. "O-omg!, y-you duff bag!, i-i missed you-" she says as she then cried and ran up to hug me.I start to cry as i hadn't seen her in years we both hug for a while before she wipes her tears and says "O-omg is this who's this young man, don't tell me-?".. Anthony hides behind my legs as I nod "YAY!, i'm an aunty!,And he's a shy one!, you were just like that when we were little haha!" we both laugh "*sniff**sniff* oh banana's my makeup is now ruined, oh dear please come in , sorry!" we all head in and sit down "So what's his name?".. "Oh this is Anthony my son and he's four"

"He's such a cutie!, I have a son as well his turning 5 next month, his name is Tommy"

"That's wonderful, I'm sure they'll get along just fine" .. " Here I'll call him, he's upstairs, TOMMY!GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!" .. "CoMiNg!" we hear a voice coming from upstairs which is presumed to be Tommy, a few moments later a boy comes walking down the stairs light brown with brown eyes "yes mum? I was drawing !".. " Well, come meet your cousin and your uncle!Now say hi!".. "Hey uncle and hey.. Cousin?".. "His name is Anthony and be a good boy and play with him" Alaina says to Tommy. Tommy walks towards Anthony and grabs his hand dragging him to his room to play.

I chuckle as I see them leave and look back at my sister. "So..You and Fluer not a thing anymore?" She says curiously. I sigh and say "Yeah..She's not the one for me"... "Is that why you guys divorced?".. "No..She cheated on me.." I say as my voice starts to crack and I start tearing up. She sits next to me patting my back and says "You don't need to talk about it..but how's Anthony with all that..y'know?". I tear up as my voice starts to crack and say "She cheated on m-me b-before we had A-anthony..h-he's not my b-biological s-son.." .

Alaina looks at me, shook with the information she just heard and hugs me.

I wipe my tears away and drink the water Alaina has handed me. She looks at me and says "I'm so sorry-".. "It's not your fault" I interrupted. "I should've listened to you..".

She stays silent and awhile later asks "d-do you perhaps know who his biological father is?".. I chuckle and nod "He's a very good man..He had no idea about me and Fluer were a thing and couldn't stop apologizing once he found out". She looks at me and sighs "I'm glad..but does Anthony know?".. "I don't think he'd understand yet..,but he spends a lot of time with Retio.. They look so happy with each other" I continuing speaking " Retio helps me around alot, he's always there for me, he always hangs out with me and normally buys me my favorite coffee-" I say smiling. Alaina looks at me , chuckling and interrupts me "pfft s.i.m.p".

"W-what n-no!, he's just a really great friend!" I say as my face grows red... "sure~".

"Wanna stay for dinner?" Alaina asks.."sorry but Retio is gonna leave in a while and I wanna be there..so I'm gonna leave in a few, sorry,and thank you for taking care of Anthony" . She looks at me with a sad smile and calls the boys down.. "Daddy! Look at what Tommy and me made!" Anthony says and he shows an origami swan. Me and Alaina soon make our way to the car as we bid each other farewell "Anytime..Stay in touch okay?" she says with a sad smile "i will" we hug goodbye "bye Anthony, daddy will be back soon okay?".. "Okay!Come on Tommy! Let's play!" I hear them scream as they run back inside "bye!" I say before I leave and head off.

On the way I text Retio saying i'll be there in 10 . I reach the airport and make my way to get a text from Retio Retio: Hey, come to gate 5b I'll be there ;).. Adelard: Haha ,Okay be there soon :)!I say with a smile and make my way to gate 5b.

I reach gate 5b and see Retio holding hands with a woman that i thought i had seen before, i walk up to them with a burning feeling in my heart "Adelard!, there you are"..

"Hey.." i say trying to force out a smile "W-well i wanted you to meet my.. g-girlfriend Sofia" the woman next to her stares me down with a smile "Hello, you must be Adelard, Retio talks a lot about you, im Sofia nice to meet you" she says holding out her hand for me to shake "H-hey, yes i am .." i say as i shake her hand.She then looks away from our direction and towards a group of girls waving towards her "i-ill go now, you to catch along, and bye Adelard nice meeting you" she says "bye babe meet you on the plane then".. " yeah.. Bye" i felt a rush of anger and I wasn't fully sure why, "A-adelard..".. "Yes?.." i say with confusion but with a worrying tone "y-you know how i told you i'd be gone for a few months..".. "Yeah?.." "w-well i-i lied!, and I'm sorry!, i didn't know how to tell you a-and you just got custody over Anthony and.. I didn't want to ruin it..." my heart sank i felt a tear rush down my check "y-you lied to me..".. "I-i-i know and I'm sorry!, ..i know i shouldn't have .." ."one of my closest friends lied to me.." i said under my breath "w-why did i fall for you, WHY?!" tears start to rush down my face "f-fall for m-me?.. Adelard-".. "Save it.. And yes I loved you and i-i.. Still do..b-but you have a girlfriend and i'm sorry.." i turned around so I didn't have to face him "A-adelard..i-i didn't know..and i-" (speaker): Could all passenger's boarding flight 5b please kindly board the plan, thank you I look over my shoulder to see Retio walking towards me. Retio hugs me tightly, we both start to cry in each other's arms as I hug him back he slips a note in my pocket and puts its hands over his mouth signaling not to look at it yet we both turn around to see Sofia waving to Retio to hurry up and she heads in. We both look at each other and hug one last time and just before he leaves kisses me on the check and whispers in my ears "i-i love you too.." Just then he ran towards the plane leaving me behind, my next instinct was to read the note. I grab out the note and open it, and it reads ''An act i hope you'll soon understand,with a snakely tale that drove me away, my dear you shall understand after the despair,as i left you with an achy heart, your heart will always be buried in mine,please take care as her presences will still remain, don't miss me too much,love yours only ..Retty ' as i read tears came racing down though i didn't quite understand i knew this wasn't some old poem\ It had to mean something... Just what?..

End of Chapter 9

To be Continued....