Chapter 12 Wedding Day ___________________________

Chapter 12

Wedding Day

___________________________

(Adelard's POV)

(The day of the wedding)

The day of the wedding came faster than i thought, i tried my best to persuade mother to cancel the wedding as i didn't know why she wanted me to get re-married anyway.I texted Retio about it as he seem pretty concerned as well.It was awkward talking to him after a long time but we got along well again. I have already finished wearing my suit and am just waiting for them to tell me when the damn wedding starts.

There was a knock at the door "May I come in son?". I yell "Come in.." mother walks in with a Boutonnière in her hand. I get up as my mother places the Boutonnière in the pocket of my suit. I then look closely as I notice that the Boutonnière was an... Orchid... "W-why.. Did you choose an orchid?".. "Oh Veera told me that orchid's were your favorite!, she knows you well huh?" mothers says with a smile across her face "..yeah.." after a few months of silence mother finally said "i can't believe you're getting married, i can't wait for my grandchildren!".. "What?-.. There's no way I'm going to have children with her!" I say as I get mad once again "Well you will have to".. "Why are you doing this huh?.. Why" i look up at my mother who seemed to grow upset in the slightest way possible".."i just want the best for you...I don't want you to end up alone like me.." I down and shake my head "that's your reason... you don't want ME to end up like YOU?...I don't want to have ANYONE in my life anymore.. Not after what happened.".. "Well it isn't like you'll find ANYONE BETTER!" mothers voice started to raise "WELL THAT STILL DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUST DECIDE WHAT DO WITH ME!" .. "Did you raise your voice at me again?.." mother says with frustration "YEAH I DID!" my emotion had the best of me and if no one came it wasn't going to end well. "THE WEDDING WILL HAPPEN WHETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT" i chuckle whilst i shake my head "i'd rather marry Retio than that b**ch" i say under my breath "What did you say?.. You'd rather marry who?" i turn around and shout before i left the room "i said i'd rather marry Retio then that coquettish mannered b**ch!" I then slam the door shut.As i make my way through the hall i see Clay "hey bro, how are you feeling?".. I look him in the eye "could be better..".. "I heard you yelling?.. Who was it with?".. "mother.." .. "Of Course.. So um Alaina said that the bride will be ready in a few so you should head to the hall because everyone has arrived.." it went silent for a bit as i didn't want to talk anymore "i-i'll head there now.." we said goodbye and I made my way to the hall.

There were many people I hadn't met before but there were front row seats for closer family. A lady that seemed to be quite old approached me and congratulated me, "Congrats on the wedding, my daughter will be so happy with you, please treat her well..". "O-oh thank you!" I say unsure of what to really say. I guess she is my new "mother in law", not gonna lie she reminds me of someone. She leaves me to talk with some other guests, I then see George enter with a gift bag in his hand. He came to me and handed it to me "Congrats man!, didn't think you'd get re-married and this soon" i hadn't told him about my love for Retio.I smile as I take it from him. Clay was outside bringing some stuff in but as soon as he entered, he eyed George and yelled "GEORGEEE!!". Clay ran to him bringing him in a hug. Clay hugged him as George tried to speak.. "Oh hey Dream" George said with a smile on his face. I look at them confused and ask "You guys know each other and Dream?-" Clay looked at me with pride and said "Well George is my ..best friend and Dream is my nickname my friends call me". I nod as Clay drags George with him, George waves goodbye and they both take their seat.

"Everybody sit down! The Bride will enter shortly" said a man who looked quite old, I'm assuming that he was the marriage officiant. Everybody took their seats and I made my way to the front. We waited a couple minutes and as time went by, the doors opened revealing Veera dressed in a puffy white gown smiling her way. The wedding played out as Veera's father chained arms with her,they walked down the aisle, the bride maids threw flowers. One of the flowers somehow managed to get near me...it was an orchid. I wanted to cry as Retio came through my thoughts. I looked at Anthony who was sitting next to Alaina, somehow excited. As Veera got closer and closer the urge to cry came over me but I held my tears. Veera reached me and stood in front of me smiling as she grabbed my hands holding them. The officiant starts speaking " We're gathered here today to celebrate the drawing together of two lives hoping that this young man Adelard and young lady Veera will be united in marriage" Veera looks at me during most of the speech while I keep my head down. "This commitment is not to be entered lightly but with certainly mutual respect, a sense of honor and eternality.". The closer we get to the end the more nervous I get, I'm gonna have to kiss this brat?!. The officiant looks at us and proceeds "Adelard and Veera no priest no rabbi no public official can marry you only you can marry yourselves by a mutual commitment to love each other to work towards creating an atmosphere of care, consideration and respect by a willingness to face the tensions and anxieties that underlie human life ". I eye my mother as I hear " you can marry yourselves". The officiant goes on with his speech and finally gets to the final conduct..