Chapter 10 "Delighted" to meet you ___________________________

Chapter 10

"Delighted" to meet you

___________________________

(Adelard's POV)

While walking back with tears still streaming down my face, I see Boss approach me. I quickly wiped my tears and greeted him "hey boss, what are you doing here?".. "I came to bid my nephew farewell but I guess he's gone now".. "Nephew?" I say with a confused look "you remember Retio right?".. "Yes?, is he perhaps your nephew then?".. "Yes, yes he is, I presume he has left now".. "Y-yeah he left a few minutes ago.." .. "Well, since he has left I have hired you a new assistant, she will be starting tomorrow , you'll be at work by then right?" as much as I wanted to say no I had to agree "y-yeah i'll be back by then" I wasn't excited to have a new assistant, this time I promised myself not to let me guard down for anyone.

I say goodbye to my boss and make my way back to my car that was parked outside.I open my car door to see the scented Orchid that Retio gifted me. As I take a seat I stare at the scented Orchid that sat near my windshield. I reach out to grab it. I held it close to me as I started to tear up again.After a while I start the car engine and head out. On the way I felt that I didn't want to talk to anyone and I then text Alaina that I couldn't make it and that Anthony could stay the night. When I reached home I opened the door and headed in.

As I headed upstairs to my room I went past the guest room which Retio had stayed in while he was here. I then went toward his room and sat there for a bit, everything was running through my head. I just lost the love of my life..again. I get up and take a shower trying to clear my mind but all I can think of is Retio, his smile, the way he talked to me and..no no I must stop thinking of him..

As soon as I finish my shower, I go downstairs to cook myself a meal and eat.After my meal I wash up the dishes and head to bed, although falling asleep wasn't as easy as i wanted it to be. But all I knew was I had to be strong for Anthony. I soon drifted to sleep as my thoughts drained the last bits of energy I had left in me.

I wake up the next morning, text Alaina and get dressed, as I needed to go and pick up Anthony from Alaina's house. After I get ready I grab an apple and head off. I reach Alaina's house and knock on the door . "Morning bro" she says with a smile as she greets me with a hug "Morning".. "Not gonna lie you up to look like a mess, rough wasn't it?".. "Yeah..".. "Don't just stand there, come on in, the boys are having breakfast, come join us" she says with a smile as we both head in.

"Wow, never knew you could cook" I say jokingly as I help myself to more. She rolls her eyes at me and I avert my gaze at her. "So..Where's your husband?".. "He's in Australia for work, he'll be back in a week or so". I nod and get up from my seat "Anthony, I've got work, C'mon let's go to your kindy" he looks at me as if he's gonna cry "But what about Tommy?". I sigh and look at Alaina and she says "Well..Tommy can go with you I guess? Is that allowed?".. "Yup and be quick I have work, remember". Alaina looks at me and says "you can go, i'll take them, just send me the address ok?". I nod and wave at them and quickly hop in my car making my way to work. I put on the radio realizing that it was playing Retio's favorite song, "Flowers from 1970".I quickly shut it off and continued my way to work just thinking about who is gonna replace my beloved.

I knock on the Boss's office and see a woman who looks very familiar. I think I'm going crazy, this is exactly what happened when I met Retio. She bows down and greets me "Hello Adelard, i've heard quite a bit about you and i'm honored to work with you". The words she just spoke hit me hard and make me wanna cry, all that is going through my mind is Retio. I brush it off and reply to her "Err..well thank you, i'm quite delighted to be working with you too". I'm not "delighted" at all, I just want Reto here..

"Well Adelard, show her around, wont ya?" Boss says as he looks at his laptop.

She follows me out and starts chatting with me "My, dont u have quite the looks" She says chuckling.. "Er..thanks" I say uncomfortably. She begins asking me questions about my love life.. "Are you single?" She says as she winks at me. I just stay silent until she speaks again "umm..so what work needs to be done?hmm?".. "Follow me, let's finish some paperwork... that i didn't get to finish off with Retio" I say mumbling "with Retio".

She follows me into the room and I grab a chair for her , I take out some paper and hand her half. She smirks and says "thank you". Time passes and she starts gazing at me and then decides to speak.. "It's just us, huh? All alone in this room "together"". I get up from my seat and head out leaving her alone in the room. I'm not liking her, her flirtatious acts are pissing me off. That b***h is so annoying, We haven't even been working that long and I'm hating her already.

I just head to the kitchen and make myself a coffee and request an early leave from Boss.

I need to freshen up my mind a bit and head to a Pub just for a small drink.

I sit down near the table and request some vodka, not much later I get a tap on my shoulder. I look over to see my new "Assistant", She smiles "What brings you here, handsome?" .. I stay silent again. "Well my name is Veera, just in case you wanted to know~" She says in an annoying tone. She sits next to me and orders some whiskey, as soon as she gets it served I get up and head towards the door for I am done with my business. "Adelard, Why so soon?~" Veera says, I ignore her and make my way to Alaina's place.

"Hey bro! Did you finish early or something?" Alaina says.. "Yeah..".. She sniffs my shirt and looks at me.. "Did you go to a pub?-". "Yup, just needed to freshen my mind" She hums yes and pulls me in the house. "Can i stay over today, Please?" I ask.. "Of course, I'll go get you some of Walter's clothes". She returns with some clothes and shows me the guest room, "Tell me if u need anything, Addy". I stare at her for a bit as the only person that called me that was.. "You okay?" she asks in an unsettled tone "y-yeah, i'm fine ima head to the guest room then, bye and thank you once again.." I say as I take my leave and just before I turn the corner I hear her yell "no problem bro". I lay down and rest my eyes for a while dreaming about my one and only..

End of Chapter 10

To be Continued....