Prologue

I was slowly walking to a large tree near the park, holding a cup of cookies and cream ice cream in my right hand while my other hand was tucked beneath my sweater.

Being in the dark is my safe haven; it provides me with comfort and warmth, and even though I'm still a teenager, I prefer it when people can't see me. And right now, I'm on my way to a place where no one goes after the sun goes down. I prefer to stroll in the dark and feel the road rather than walk-in harsh daylight.

After only a few minutes, I was seated under a massive tree, gazing up at the bright sky.

'I hope that, like the star, someone will be there for me when I'm at my lowest.'

Why even do I have these thoughts? Naturally, I have my twin, my friends, and my family. They are all reliable people with whom I can confide, but I'm the one who is keeping some of my personal issues a secret from them.

The two-seater swing made a noise, which drew my attention to it.

A kid who was now quietly seated caught my eye, and I suddenly felt the impulse to sit next to her. So I did. I move cautiously in the direction of the swing while gazing at the child's back. I sat next to a young woman who was alone in the park's two-seat swing. She may not have seen me because she was gazing down.

I sat quietly to avoid making a sound. I don't have any idea why I do this so I shrugged my strange thoughts away. I don't typically approach people first, but the presence of this child appears to be dragging me away from her.

I continue adoring the bright sky instead while still eating my ice cream because in the first place I don't have anything to say.

"Oz, bakit an- Sino ka?" the kid beside me finally talk after a long silence. Her voice was so cute and it was like music to my ears.

'Oh God! she's a kid what the hell am I even thinking!'

I didn't talk dahil ayoko lang. Una, hindi ko siya kilala so she doesn't need to know my name. Pangalawa, hindi ko alam kung nagtulak sakin para maupo sa tabi niya. At last, bakit puro hindi ko alam?

"Hoy?"

"Ate?"

"Babae?"

"Psst ganda wampipti," the kid uttered nearly to my ears and that
gave a shiver to my body.

Holy fudge!

"What the hell kid?!" my tone of voice raise because of the sudden contact. Bahagya rin along napalayo dahil sa ginawa niya.

Animal na bata.

"Hoy! I'm not a kid anymore no!" she fired back while pouting. God! she's so cute-Argh! stop! fucking shit!

"Did you just shout at me?"

"Oy hindi ah! pinantayan ko lang lakas ng boses mo,"

"So sinisigawan mo nga ako?" I said nonchalantly but coldly and I like how her pouting face turned into a scared one. I mentally smirk because of that.

"H-hindi nga kasi," tanggi nito habang may kinakapa sa pants niya. "Eto, try to eat this. Mukhang mainit ulo mo kahit hindi naman talaga kita sinisigawan. Thats my comfort food." she then handed me a pack of gummies?! really?!

I looked at her in disbelief. If she's expecting me to accept that gummy stuff, hell no. I'm not a kid just like her to eat stuff like that.

Tinakpan ko ang cup ng ice cream na kinakain ko saka ito hinarap na nakataas ang isang kilay. She even tried to push the gummies toward me but immediately stop her. Jeez! the guts of this kid!