𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐬. 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    ASTRID STOOD CALMLY NEXT TO PADME AS BAIL ORGANA DID HIS SPEECH. She had told Padme what she was carrying, prompting a loud gasp from her. As more and more senators drew closer, Astrid's grip on the cool metal hilt tightened. She was never going to hold a lightsaber again.

    "We cannot allow the chancellor to move this Enhanced Privacy Invasion Bill forward," Bail finishes off, eyes sweeping over the nodding senators. Everyone in the room disagreed with the bill. It would allow the unprecedented ability and broad powers to spy on Republic citizens who were suspected of being Separatists, hence the name.

    "We're all in agreement then," another senator says just as the doors of the room open. Astrid's eyes widen when she sees two people with guns, clearly bounty hunters. A few blasts aimed toward the ceiling go off and everyone's attention is taken.

    "Morning, Senators," an almost mechanical voice croaks out. Astrid notices his blue skin and large hat, she'd seen him before. He was after her years ago, but thanks to Qui Gon, he had backed off.

    "You should all consider yourselves to be in my power," Cad Bane says as the doors behind the group of Senators open revealing a few more bounty hunters, "As long as everyone behaves, this will be quick and painless. Do nothing," the group closes in on the political leaders, "and it will all be over soon."