Shut up, Dustin.

I helped the kids with the calls while Steve helped the people in the store. I couldn't help but stare at him when I was busy calling someone, from time to time he would notice and I would just turn back to calling.
This isn't how couples reuniting should go.. well that's my fault, I broke it off like hours ago while panicking but you know.
"Hey, guys I might have a lead." Max put her phone down and we turned to her.
"Seriously?" Dustin asked.
"Yeah. Apparently, Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick, and sometimes Eddie crashes there."
"That sounds promising. Where does this Rick guy live?" Robin asked.
"That's the thing. No one knows. He's more of a..legend rather than someone people actually know."
"What about a last name?" Dustin asked.
"I don't know that either."
"Bet the cops know a last name" Steve said.
"What?" They turned to Steve.
"Cops. I mean listen if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system."
"The cops? Really, Steve? That's your suggestion?"
"I mean I just think at this point they should probably be filled in on what we know, what's going on."
"You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?"
"Whoa. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit. I just, you know, don't think we can rule it out."
"That's precisely what we're trying to do here, Steve."
"And maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time depressed over your girlfriend, again. And more time trying to find Eddie!"
"Somebody has to attend customers."
Dustin and Steve argued and Robin joined and said,
"Especially if they're babes and distract you, right?"
I just wanna dig down a hole and just die there. How am I so oblivious? No wonder Steve's attending the girl customers like that, they're hot! And he's just doing it in front of me.
"Hey not fair. I attend all customers equally, babes and non-babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here. It can be super overwhelming for people."
"Yeah, it can be." Robin turned to the computer and started typing some stuff. Stuff that should really matter to me right now but god my priorities haven't been straight since Steve Harrington came into my life.
"What are you doing?" Max asked Robin.
"Maybe we don't need a last name."
I walked behind her and looked at what she was typing on the computer.
"Twelve ricks have accounts here."
"That's a lot of ricks" Max pointed out.
"So let's narrow it down."
Robin clicked something else and the list got shorter.
"Rick alderman's latest rentals are Annie and Dumbo. What are the chances our drug dealer has a family?"
"Not likely."
"Alright. Rick Conroy. Sixteen candles, teen wolf, romancing the stone."
"No." We all said at the same time.
"Okay. Rick joiner. Mask, Footloose, and Grease."
"Nah"
"Ooo grease."
I just got a weird look and they returned to looking for the Rick.
"Rick Kimbrough. The blue Lagoon and Splash."
They laughed, "definitely not."
"Okay. Rick Lipton. Fast times at Ridgemont High. Cheech & Chong's next movie. Cheech & Chong's nice dreams. Cheech & Chong's Up in smoke."
Dustin chucked, "bingo."
"Lipton?" Max asked
"Spelled like the tea. 2121 Holland Road."
"That's out by lovers lake." Dustin pointed out.
"Middle of nowhere" Max commented.
"It's a perfect place to hide" Robin added.
They started dashing out and Max pulled my wrist dragging me with them. For the first time in a while, I sat in the back with the kids.
"Y/n/n" Max tapped my shoulder.
"Hm?"
"Hey sorry you didn't get a normal welcome."
"Ah, it's alright. I didn't come on normal terms."
"Yeah no shit after what you did," Dustin said
"What did you do?" Max asked
"Haha long story-"
"She broke up with me."
There was a silence until Max spoke up,
"Um well... good things come to an end I guess."
"Not me and Suzie though."
"Shut up, Dustin." Everyone in the car said.

—————————————-

Oh my god. I uploaded twice today, I feel so accomplished.  Btw there's a very big possibility I made some mistakes because it is 3am, so if there's feedback about the last two chapters please tell me.

Also originally there was gonna be a fight in which Y/n gets out of the car so thank me for not doing that and providing some chapters to come with everyone acting awkward because of what happened in the car<3