The upside down

After all the progress we made we found out Vecna was in the house in the upside down. The problem? A homicide in the morning where Eddie was staying at. The good part? Eddie's joining us. I mean- that's not really good- god I didn't mean it in a bad way don't judge me. The whole was Steve was talking about how he popularized this rock and shit, but hey we found Eddie.
"Eddiee. How are you feeling man- god that was the wrong question to ask."
"Ah it's alright. Nice to see you though."
I smiled at him and rubbed his arm. He told us what happened when Patrick died and connected it to what we knew about it.
"Boom!" Dustin yelled so loud it echoed. We all turned to him
"Bada...bada...boom. I was right." He pointed at Steve, "Skull Rock was north."
"Seriously? You're serious?" Steve crossed his arms and Dustin agreed.
"This is Skull Rock. Okay?" He pointed at the rock and Dustin agreed again.
"You're totally, absolutely, 100% wrong. Right now."
"Yes. And no."
"Oh my god" steve rubbed his face.
"This worked correctly when we left the Wheelers'. It was correct when we got in the car on Curly but it started to sleep the further east we went. Now it's way off. When I was leading us here, I wasn't wrong. The compass was."
"So you're using faulty equipment. Dude, you're still wrong."
"Except it isn't faulty. Lucas, do you remember what can affect a compass?"
"An electromagnetic field."
"Yep."
"I'm sorry I must've slipped that class?" Robin looked at Dustin basically asking him to explain.
"In the presence of a strong electromagnetic field, the needle will deflected towards that power. So either there's some super big magnet around here, or..."
"There's a gate" Lucas finished.
"But we're nowhere near the lab" Nancy pointed.
"But what if, somehow, there's another gate? A gate that we don't know about. It'd have to be smaller. Way less powerful."
"A snack-size gate" Robin smiled.
"How? Why?" Steve asked.
"No idea. All I know is that something is causing this disturbance, and the last time we've seen anything like it, it was a gate. And I hope it is because then we'd have a way to Vecna and a shot at freeing Max from this curse."  Dustin started walking away.
"Where are you going? Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Eddie's still a wanted man. We can't just go hike in the wood's." Steve pointed at Eddie.
"This little steel capsule might be the key to saving both Max and Eddie. What say you, Eddie the Banished?" Dustin asked Eddie and we all looked at him.
"I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor, which, if I'm totally straight with you, I think is a really bad idea. But, uh, the Shire... the Shire is burning." Eddie said confusing all of us but Dustin started jumping with joy so I guess it's a good thing. Eddie stood up, "so Mordor it is."
He stood up to follow Dustin before returning to grab his stuff, "get your stuff dude let's go." Steve sighed.

..

We followed Dustin to the lake, Robin got on the boat and I followed her. Long story short, Dustin complained about the people getting on the boat to which no one payed attention to. The compass started going crazy and Steve started taking off his socks,
"Someone's gotta go down there and check this thing out. Unless on of you four can stop being a Hawkins High swim co-captain and a certified-"
I placed my hand on his shoulder to stop him, "the captain of the best national swimming team in my sophomore year. I wasn't the captain just for being a team player, people only pick the best to be the captain." I took off my shoes and socks.
"You can't swim in baggy clothes" he objected.
"Then I'll take them off." I took off Steve's sweater and tied the shirt in the back and dove in before Steve argued again. I swam down and found the gate, holy shit this is actually happening all over again. When will it fucking stop.
I swam up, "I found the gate!"
"You found it?" Asked Nancy and I nodded, I held onto the boat and pushed my hair back and out of my face.
"It's a gate, smaller than the one at the lab but it's pretty fucking big-"
Something grabbed my leg and pulled me down, dragging me to the gate. It dragged me into the upside down, barely a minute later Steve came through the gate.
"What the fuck are you doing dude?"
"I wasn't gonna let you down here alone."
"We'll die. We'll fucking die."
"Together at least." I rolled my eyes at him and went to walk back in the gate though I wasn't able to find it, I looked at him "where's the gate?"
"I don't- I don't remember"
I cursed under my breath before hearing creatures running to us, Steve grabbed something to fight back but they ran to us and one wrapped it's tail around his neck,
"Steve!" I yelled and grabbed what he had dropped and  hit the two little shits trying to eat his stomach. The three arrived and we tried to get the one chocking Steve to let go. More of them came to us, one attacking Nancy from the back and Robin tried to get it off her. Eddie and I were hitting the ones coming to attack, him and I each killing one.  Steve finally got the one chocking him off and started hitting it against the floor.
"Steve!" Nancy and I both ran to him, she reached him first and held his shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asked him.
"Well they took about a pound of flesh but other than that, never better." 
I stepped back and looked around, poor Jonathan if he saw Nancy like this he would be heartbroken...
Like I am right now

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?"
"What?"
"It's just that like rabies are my biggest fear and I think we should get you to a doctor like really soon because once symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already like, dead."
I sighed and rubbed her shoulder.

.
The creatures had blocked the gate and we had to run into the woods. Well this shit was great, Nancy did this whole shit because Steve was losing blood. Their sexual tension was so big it was almost hard for me to breathe. I looked away and just followed Eddie to what he was doing.
"What are you doing dude?"
"So uh, this place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?"
"Basically." I responded and he nodded, he was about to go down before Nancy stopped him "watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind."
"It's all a what?"
"All the creepy crawlies around here. They're like one or something. You step on a vine, you're stepping in a bat, you're stepping on Vecna."
He nodded, "shit."
"But everything is still here, right? Except people? Obviously."
"As far as I understand it, yeah." Nancy nodded at Robin.
"So theoretically we could go to a police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate."
I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin. But guns, yeah sure." Steve objected.
"Well, we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. I have guns in my bedroom."
"You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?"
"Full of surprises, isn't she?" Robin smiled.
"A Russian Makarov and a revolver."
"Yeah you almost shot me with that one."
"You almost deserved it."
I rolled my eyes and looked at Robin. Everything started shaking and of course Nancy fell on Steve.
"So guns seem like a pretty good idea to me."
"Yeah me too."
I rolled my eyes again and stood up, "let's go then?" And I started walking.