Chapter 2

The next day
I slowly woke up to the front door shutting, the smell of bacon and eggs in the air, and filled with excitement for this day. Today is the first day of school. While I wait for breakfast, I go to my dresser and put on black baggy jeans, a white Metallica shirt and a blue denim jacket. I go in my bathroom and brush my hair and curling my curtain bangs to make them wavy. "Hun breakfast!" My mom called in with her sweet, melodic voice. "Coming mom!" I yelled in return. I jogged down the stairs as quickly as possible and sat down at the table eating my breakfast. "Are you excited to start school hunny?" My mom asked in her usual preppy tone. "Yeah I'm actually really excited, the boys I met yesterday actually go to Hawkins high!" I said confidently, displaying my excitement. My mom nodded and I ran back up to my room to brush my teeth and add some finishing touches. I race down the stairs again and try walking out the door but when I open there they are. The three boys I met yesterday. "Hey y/n" Dustin interrupted the silence with. "I just thought, you know, since you just moved in yesterday we could walk you to school?" I was happy they were there for me though I just met them. "Yeah sure!" We start walking for school when finally the tallest of the three spoke up. "By the way I'm Mike and he's Lucas, just to make that clear. Anyways.. do you have any interests or hobbies?" He asked. Mike seemed like a very nice guy alike Dustin. I noticed that Lucas didn't say much. "Yeah actually my two main hobbies that I'm pretty good at are art, wether that be sketching, painting, you name it I can do it. Also, I love, love, love D&D." I said, a huge smile plastered on my face. I noticed all three boys' faces light up like the sunrise. It surely was confusing but I didn't ask. Finally, we got to school and parted our ways to get to class. My first period was Biology. My least favorite class. I walked in about a minute late because I couldn't find my way due to the fact I'm new. "Ah hello young lady! You must be y/n our new student! I'm Mrs. Greenfield. Please go take a seat next to Ms. Wheeler. Raise your hand please." I see a girl raise her hand. She had shoulder length brown hair with small curls on the ends, pastel yellow flats, a white matching button up top and a white knee long skirt. I take my seat and decide to strike up a conversation. "Hey I'm y/n! I just moved here from New York!" I said. Hi! I'm Nancy!." She said. We talked for the rest of the class period and really got to know each other.

At lunch
Finally, lunch time. I get in line to get my food and then go to find a place to sit. Everyone floods in sitting at table with their friend groups. I was just standing in the middle of the cafeteria when I heard Dustin call me over to sit with them. I noticed one thing, they all had those sick shirts! As I was walking over to the table a guy slammed the table then jumped up on it. "As long as you're into band. Or science. Or.. parties. Or a GAME where you toss BALLS into LAUNDRY BASKETS!" Then a blonde guy stood up. "Need something freak?" He asked. The guy put his fingers through his hair like devil horns and stuck his tongue out, making a noise almost gremlin like. He hopped off the table and continued talking with his friends. Then he went behind Mike and Dustin and grabbed them by their collars and had a talk with them. When he finished they both look around and pointed at me the same time. The other guy looked at me and smiled. He said something to them and then Dustin called me over. I took the only empty seat which was next to Dustin and the other guy. "So y/n. You said you play D&D right?" Dustin questioned. "Uh yeah I do" I smiled. I shot a quick glance at the guy again, and up close he's kinda cute. "Why do you ask Dustin?" I said, curiosity getting the best of me. This time the guy with shoulder length brown curly hair with bangs chimed in. "We actually have a D&D club called hellfire, I mean look at the shirts, and we need a sub today for Sinclair because he's in the championship game. I mean he's kinda a bench warmer but it's cool." He stated, a huge smile displayed on his face, his dimples popping out. He's clearly excited. I can't turn him down. "I can sub for sure!" I say, happy to have people who want to hang out with me. They all started cheering and I just laughed. Once everything died down it was awfully quiet. "What's you're name by the way" I asked. "Oh right my name is Eddie!" He said cheerfully. "So when does the Hellfire meeting take place?" I asked. "Well, today it takes place during the championship game." Eddie said. Sadly the lunch bell rang which means we had to get back to class.

After school
I met in the room they were holding the campaign and Eddie patted a seat on the side of the table next to him. I sat down and the rest of the people came piling in ready to defeat Vecna. Little did I know I was getting into something much more complicated than a D&D campaign.

A/n~ I'm so sorry there hasn't been any Eddie POV's yet they just met and I'm waiting for them to get closer but I definitely have some fun things in store!
-S