Chapter 16

A/n this chapter is going to be kept track of by day just a heads up!

June 12th
Today was the day. Eddie and I sat down on my bed with our envelopes in our hands. "Are you ready princess?" Eddie asked me, gesture at the envelope. "Yes I am! Are you?" I shot back, smiling at the envelop, my name written on the paper. "Ok.. 3, 2, 1." Eddie said smiling while opening, his hands shaking slightly. We both opened our envelops and read. 

                                              Y/n,
This year we were so lucky to have you here as a student at Hawkins High school! Congratulations with your hard                         work this year!
Biology final: 89%
English final: 92%
Calculus final: 87%
Journalism: 96%

Congratulations on your high academic achievements

Was what my transcript said. Eddie and I looked up at the same time, smiling the biggest smiles we could possibly display. "I passed!" Eddie said, practically screaming his head off. We compared our scores and one thing caught my eye. "OMG! EDDIE YOU DID BETTER THAN ME IN MATH!" I yelled. "And I owe it all to you princess." He said simply, planting a kiss on my lips.

June 15
I was at graduation, my name got called and I accepted my diploma. I was supposed to go backstage and wait with everyone else, but I waited on the other side of the stage for Eddie's name to be called. I can see him waiting behind the curtain on the other side of the stage and he looked nervous, we make eye contact and I smiled at him and give him the Thumbs up. Eddie's name is called and he starts walking across the stage, I jumped And clapped for him, along with Dustin, Mike, and Lucas who were all standing up cheering for him and he gives them a subtle wave. He looked principle Higgins in the eye and flipped him the bird, snatched his diploma and ran to me smiling with his arms open. He hugs me and cradled my head into his chest and held me there for a few seconds. "I finally did it!" He says with a huge grin on his face, "I'm finally outta here!" I smile at him "I'm so proud of you my love!" He took my arm and lead me backstage and we sat on the floor together, he looked at me and put his arm around me to pull me in for a hug. "I'm proud of you too y/n" we both smile at each other and sat in comfortable silence before heading home.

June 20
Today was my parents funeral. I went to my my closet to put on my black dress while Eddie put on his suit and tie. We got a call from Dustin and Mike saying they would meet us there and they were leaving shortly. Once we were ready, we headed down to the car and to drove to the funeral home. When we got there, not many people came since not many people from here knew my parents. Everybody sat down and watched as Eddie and I walked up to my mom and dads caskets. Eddie bent down to my dad and started whispering while I was at my moms. Shortly after, we sat down and the service began. I was grateful that even in this small town, my family and close friends could support me while dealing with the loss of my parents. It became too much for me so I went outside to catch my breath. After sitting outside for a minute or two, I heard the door open and Eddie came from behind me. We sat there for a moment and without saying anything he hugged me knowing this was a very hard day for me. We stopped dancing and sat down on a bench. "They are about to go and transfer them to the burial site so we should get going." Eddie said, offering me a subtle smile as tears welled in my eyes. We walked over to the cars and started driving to the burial site after the hearse (car that drives the casket) and they began. Doves were let out to fly, music was playing, and rain was softly tinkling on the overhead. Eddie and I tossed our roses onto their caskets and then said our final words, leaving shortly after.

At home
Eddie and I decided to carefully climb up to the roof and watch the stars. As we were laying there, two blue jays flew onto the roof and hopped over to us. The bigger of the two hopped onto Eddie lap and I just knew. "These have to be mom and dad." I said, tears welling in my eyes. They flew away a little later and we climbed down from the room and into my room. Our room, and get under the covers with the window open. "Goodnight, princess." Eddie said, his voice raspy from his tiredness. "Goodnight baby." I said, sniffling. Soon, we dozed off after our long day.

A/n~ IM BACK!!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in days but I'm gonna post 1 chapter a day because I got my sleeping under control!