Day at Squidward's house

Wednesday. Already. Spongebob rolls out of bed after hearing his loud horn. He stretches his arms behind his back and lets out a soft yawn before slowly walking down the stairs. He didn't have much time left to convince Squidward, he was starting to feel that maybe it was useless trying. The small Sponge takes his time to get ready today, not too slow of course, he wouldn't dare be late for work! He gets dressed perusal and feeds his pet. He leaves the house at 8.30am sharp. It was a gloomy day in bikini bottom, quite windy too. Spongebob's holes vibrated a little in the wind as he walked along the path to town.He rubbed his arms as he walked and tried to get through the cold wind. Upon arriving he noticed the Krusty Krab as dark. He goes closer.

A big red sign that read [CLOSED FOR THE DAY] of course.

Spongebob grunts and kicks some sand up. He shifts around and starts his walk home. The sponge was quite grumpy today... it was miserable outside, he felt as though his luck was running dry and now he can't even go to work! This was the worst.

As for Squidward, he was having a pleasant day so far. He got a phone call from Krabs letting him know the Krusty krab was closed, Spongebob must've missed that call, then the weather outside meant it was an indoor day! Which means Squidward can peacefully paint without the annoyance of anyone or anything he also didn't need to worry about that annoying little yellow sponge.

There was a knock at Squidward's door.

Squidward was laying in bed relaxing, he grunted and slipped off his sleeping cap before slowly making his way down to the front door.

"Who could possibly be disturbing me at this time of the day, on MY day off." Squidward grumbled as he swung the door open.

There stood that annoying Sponge. He was shivering, he held his work hat in his hand- his eyes were big and begging.

"Hi Squidward... I just wanted to let you know work was cancelled." Spongebob muttered in between cold trembles.

Squidward rolled his eyes.

"I know Spongebob." Squidward started to close the door-

Spongebob quickly put his foot in the gap before Squidward closed it.

"Hey- wait! Can I come in? Please? Pretty please!" Spongebob begged.

"Let me think." Squidward put a tentacle to his chin. "No." he slams the door.

Spongebob jumped back and made a small squeak noise.

"Squidward please!" Spongebob knocked.

"It's about Friday!"

Squidward was just about to sit down when he heard what it was about. He quickly walks over and swings the door open.

"What about Friday..." Squidward sighed.

Spongebob gulped. He smiled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, since you're going now... you will need a partner." Spongebob started to twirl his foot anxiously in the sand.

Squidward already knew what Spongebob was implying.

"Okay... let me guess, you want to go with me." Squidward spoke in a blank monotone voice.

"Yes." Spongebob stood back a little, he flinched slightly waiting for the door to be slammed in his face.

"I can't believe I'm going to say this... but okay"

Spongebob's face goes bright orange, his cheeks rose, a dorkish grin shamelessly came to his lips as his eyes sparkled.

Squidward grunts. "Only because I need a partner to get in. BUT- you are to stay as far away as possible from me when Squilliam is around, he can't know I came to the luau with a coworker! I would be humiliated!' Squidward explained.