CHAPTER EIGHT. DANCING QUEEN

CHAPTER EIGHT.
DANCING QUEEN

☆ミ ☆彡

SHE HAD TO GO HOME AFTER THAT. Whatever happened to Will had freaked her out badly. When Will had been found after going missing for a week, she figured that whatever he went through whilst missing in the woods must have been rough. But back then, she didn't know how it would have affected him. She still didn't quite understand what had happened on that field. But she knew that it was worse than what happened on Halloween.

She unlocked her bike from the bike rack, pulling on her helmet and making sure her backpack was secure on her back before getting on and beginning to pedal away. The wind whipped through her hair as she rode, her eyes focused ahead of her. A few moments passed and suddenly she could faintly hear wheels rolling behind her. As they drew closer, they became louder until the sound was beside her. Turning her head, she saw Max riding her skateboard next to Challan.

The two didn't speak, just rode in silence. Neither girl was even sure of what to say. They didn't know what to make of what they had just seen. Challan glanced over at Max again and then back at the sidewalk. She considered what she should say or if she should say anything at all.

"Do you, maybe want to, I don't know... do you wanna come over?" Challan stuttered nervously. She wasn't sure why she was nervous, it wouldn't be the first time Max would be in her house. Her vision remained ahead, not wanting to see the redhead's face. Max was surprised by her question, not expecting it. But she nodded, a smile coming onto her face.

"Yeah, sure," she confirmed.

Challan nodded, "Cool."

The two continued the journey in silence. After a few more minutes, they had made it to Challan's home. Challan hopped off her bike, resting it in the grass out front and taking off her helmet. Max kicked up her skateboard and tucked it under her arm whilst Challan went to unlock the front door. The two stepped into the familiar house.

Max looked around the house, that warm and cozy feeling that she got on Halloween overtaking her. She smiled as she followed Challan into the house. "My parents are both at work right now," Challan informed, walking towards her bedroom.

"Aw, and they're the only reason I wanted to come," Max joked. Challan's face fell and she turned to face the taller girl.

"Oh, sorry. If I had known I would've invited you when they weren't working. You can come back—"

"Challan, I'm messing with you," Max smiled.

"Right, sorry. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if people are joking around or not. I don't have a lot of social experience," she rambled. The two entered Challan's room and placed their things down on the ground. Challan took off her shoes, Max following in suit. Challan then sat down on her bed and Max sat on the desk chair across from her. The two looked around awkwardly, unsure of what to do or say. Why would you invite her over and not have anything planned? Stupid!