CHAPTER THIRTEEN. INTRO TO THE UPSIDE DOWN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
INTRO TO THE UPSIDE DOWN

☆ミ ☆彡

"WHAT IS THIS SHIT, STALKER?" Max angrily questioned as she walked toward Lucas. Max didn't appreciate what was supposed to be her time hanging out with Challan being interrupted by the boy that she no longer wanted anything to do with. The person she wanted to be friends with and who wanted to be friends with her was there. She fixed their friendship and she wasn't in the mood for Lucas' bullshit.

"Sorry. I just needed a safe place," Lucas replied before looking over at Challan who sent him an awkward wave, which he reciprocated. Max looked over at Challan quizzically before returning her gaze to Lucas.

"A safe place to what? Be creepy?" Max retorted with a sarcastic smile.

Challan glanced between the two uncomfortably as the two stared at each other. She should probably leave. It was apparent that Lucas wanted to speak to Max privately. She would just wait outside or something.

"Should I go?" Challan finally spoke and the two's heads snapped over to her.

"No!" Both Lucas and Max shouted and she jumped slightly at their yells.

"I... I'm actually glad you're here. I wanted to talk to both of you. I just... didn't expect you to be here too," Lucas continued more quietly. He looked between the two before speaking again. "Listen. I'm gonna tell you both the truth about everything that happened last year. But if anyone finds out, you could be arrested," he sighed, "Possibly killed."

Challan's eyes widened immediately, "What?"

Max rolled her eyes not believing what he was saying, "Killed?"

"I need to know," Lucas looked between the two girls, "Do you accept the risk?"

Challan wasn't sure what was going on or what risk he was referring to but it had to be about a game or something, right? There was no way that Lucas Sinclair was involved in something that could get them arrested or killed. Right?

"What is this even about? A game or something?" Challan asked, eyebrows furrowed. She hoped it was about a game.

"No. It's about something real. Something serious," he shook his head. Max was not having any of this.

"Oh, my God! This... this is so stupid." She shook her head and turned around in a circle before facing Lucas again who just repeated his initial question, more forcefully this time.

"Do you accept the risk?"

The two girls looked over at each other. Challan's eyes were wide in confusion and mild fear. What the hell was going on?

Max met Lucas' eyes, "Yeah. Sure. Fine. I accept the risk." She put her skateboard down on the ground and sat in an empty chair, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at Lucas impatiently. Lucas looked over at Challan, awaiting her response.