Episode 2: The Final Selection!

Throughout the next few months the harsh training began. Aokime would be learning the "Breath of Ice" technique to give him a fighting chance in the final selection, as the next generation of Demon Slayers in the family. Kenichi continued to push his son to strengthen his core both physically and mentally.

First was using the skills he learned with the sword to now adapt the "Ice Breathing" techniques with it

First was using the skills he learned with the sword to now adapt the "Ice Breathing" techniques with it. This particular breathing style branches off the "Breath of Water" but has a heavy influence from the "Breath of Wind" as it borrows it's swift and destructive nature, blending it with Breath of Water's fluid motion.
"Again."
Aokime swings the wooden sword downward.
"1st form!" Kenishi ordered Aokime to preform the technique of the style as Aokime quickly swung horizontally. The swiftness of the swing caused a delay of pressure outward.
"2nd form! Now!"
Aokime quickly followed up with several slashes in quick succession.
"Finish it with 3rd form!"
After Aokime finished the 2nd form, he inhaled quickly as he set the sword at eye level with his left hand in front of him, before suddenly lunging forward with incredible speed. In that moment it felt like the air split in half at the point where the sword stopped. After that, Aokime was trying to catch his breath before suddenly collapsing on his knees from his overall exhaustion.
"Good. You've been improving on following up each technique without a gap in between. It's not perfect, but it's an improvement."
Kenichi began to walk back their home before looking back at his son.
"This breathing style is meant to be used as your strongest moves to end a fight as quickly as possible. Each of the moves will cost a lot of stamina to your own body. This Breathing Style focuses on using both your arms and legs in unison to deliver the maximum power to your enemy's weak points."

•••••••••

Focusing on strength of both arms and legs, Aokime needed to balance and strengthen his entire body all at once

"Come on Aokime! Your body will be stronger than ever!"
"I feel my body is about to break into pieces!"
"You are a Nishikawa! This will be nothing to you in no time!"
This exercise was meant to apply pressure to your body and your mind as well. You are meant to hold it all together and concentrate on breathing to maintain full control of your body. All in unison.
After a few more minutes, Aokime collapsed with all the buckets falling over. Before they would fall over the floor, Anoki quickly dashed forward and caught all the buckets with ease.
"You're getting a lot better at this! I'm really proud of you!"
Anoki was smiling as she held the buckets on her head and hands, showing no sign of struggling.
"I thought I was going to be ripped in half."
Aokime said as he laid on the floor trying to catch his breath.