Chapter One

It was a typical world meeting. Absolute chaos where ever you looked. In one corner England and France were fighting, Russia was being creepy around the Baltics while Poland tried to protect Lithuania, Japan was agreeing with whatever America said, which just so happened to be him, Prussia, and Denmark yelling about something no one could quite understand. Germany had had enough right after Romano had cussed him out for daring to stand in the same room as his brother.

But just as the German was about to yell for everyone's attention, there was a blinding flash, where there were several "manly" screams (Prussia, Romano, France, and America would all swear till the day they die that it was someone else around them that those sounds came out of).

As soon as the light was gone, everyone looked around. They realized that they were not in the meeting room anymore. All around were couches covered in blankets, cushions on the ground, and a table with various comfort foods from all the countries who had attended. Norway went to look out the window, but all he could see was a peaceful garden with plenty of space where they could all go and sit outside. Germany had noticed a rather large book with a note placed on the cover. He quickly got the attention of the confused counties and read the note. 

Dear Countries of the World,

     We have seen you all seen you suffering in silence, and we wish to help. On the table there is a book. Contained in said book, there are many observation from us and some diary entries from you. Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry. Some will piss you off, and others will make you see things you have missed. We understand this is not a conventional way of doing this, but we have no other option anymore. This is for your own good.

     It will take time to get through this book, and thus there is ample room for you all to live comfortably  in the time you are here. There are bedrooms, but you will have roommates that we have determined already. You will be able to leave the building, in the garden around you all there is plenty of room to have some space should you need it, but you will not be able to leave this place until you are finished with the book.

     It will seem as though days are passing quickly, but worry not, the time spent here does not reflect the time passed in the world you know. Once this is all over it will simply be the end of the meeting we have taken you from.

     We also request that you all use your human names, as in this place, you should all see each other as people, not as countries.

     We wish you all well, and hope that you heal from this. We ask that you forgive us for doing this without you knowing, but we saw no other way. We tried pushing you into less extreme measures, but none worked, so we took this into our hands.

     Remember that we will always love you, our dearest children and old friends, and know that we are watching over you all.

-Sincerely,

The Ancients

No one spoke for a while. All of them standing there in stunned silence.

"I feel as though we should find our rooms, and perhaps make lunch afterward." England said, not wanting to know exactly what was in that book.

The Roommates, along with their human names (no not all of these are romantic):

England (Arthur) and France (Francis)

America (Alfred) and Japan (Kiku)

Prussia (Gilbert) and Canada (Matthew)

Russia (Ivan) and China (Yao)

Germany (Ludwig) and Italy (Feliciano)

Spain (Antonio) and Romano (Lovino)

Lithuania (Tolys) and Poland (Feliks)

Denmark (Matthias) and Norway (Lukas)

Sweden (Berwald) and Finland (Tino)

Iceland (Emil) and Hong Kong (Leon)

Liechtenstein (Lilly) and Latvia (Raivis)

Austria (Roderich) and Switzerland (Vash)

Ukraine(Katyusha) and Estonia (Eduard)

Seychelles (Véronique) and Australia (Jett)

Hungary (Elizabeta) and Belarus (Natalya)

Seborga (Romeo) and Molossia (Anthony)

Sealand (Peter) and Wy (Wendy)

Not many of the countries were happy with their roommate, but the ancients had paired them up, and they were not going to question the ancients, though they all were in some way.

They all found clothes already in the closets, most if not all the outfits were simply for comfort, and once they were all settled, they headed to the kitchen one by one. Feliciano had already started cooking pasta by the time everyone else had gotten in.

"So, are we going to start on this book now or tomorrow?" Francis asked no one in particular.

"I say we wait a bit, just so we can all adjust to what is going to happen, and maybe process what we think will be in there?" Tino said.

"I agree, besides, it's not like we're losing any time by waiting a little longer." Elizabeta said.

And thus the decision was made. They all mainly stayed in the groups they were most used too, the awesome trio, the Nordics, the micronations, and everyone else in their own groups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, and welcome to the rewrite of A World of Secrets. I hope you enjoyed this first chapter as much as you enjoyed the old one, and as you can see, my writing style has drastically changed. I am not going to make promises on when I will update, because we saw how well that went the last time, but do intend to be slightly regular. Also, for those of you who miss the abundance of swearing, that shit ain't gone forever, I just use it less frequently when not in dialogue, but the fucks and shits will continue every once in awhile, and whenever some countries are speaking there will still be plenty. Also, for those of you wondering the last version of this chapter was 637 words, and this one is 842. So that's a thing.