Chapter Four

Alfred slid the plate away. Matthew slid it back to him. Alfred slid it away.

 "You need to eat." Matthew said, sliding it back.

"Fuck off, I'm not hungry." Alfred said sliding it away.

Arthur and Francis made their way over.

Alfred slid the plate away.

"I want you to know, I'm not letting you leave until you eat at least half the damn sandwich Alfred." Matthew said, sliding it back.

"I'm. Not. Hungry." He punctuated each word with a push of the plate.

Everyone was watching, waiting to see which of the brothers would cave first.

Alfred's stomach growled. Matthew gave him a blank stare and slid the plate back.

"Fuck you." He said as he took a bite. Arthur patted him on the back. It was clear he was taking the smallest bites he could, but he was eating, and that's what mattered. It was going to be a long road, but they were all going to ensure that Alfred would get to the end of it.

-_-

Eventually, everyone ate lunch and made their way back to the meeting room, Antonio had picked up the book, and everyone got ready for what would hopefully be a less sad reading session than the last one.

Spinney/Wheeled chairs are no longer allowed in the World Conference rooms due to America, Denmark, Prussia, Spain, and Australia constantly playing bumper cars with them and causing chaos.

"Give us our bumper cars back!" Jett said. Ludwig just sighed and shook his head. Too much chaos. Too much.

Matthew once tried to do the rose in the mouth thing like France once. He stabbed himself in the mouth because he forgot to take the thorns off.

Matthew slapped a hand over Alfred's mouth before he could say anything about it. Francis just shook his head.

"Always have got to be careful of the thorns. They are the worst part of the rose, but beauty is pain." Everyone gave him a weird look because they didn't really understand where this was coming from. They just chose to ignore it.

One of the North America twins always wakes up grumpy... It's not Alfred.

"Matthew can get upset?" Katyusha asked.

"He. Is Terrifying in the mornings." Alfred shuddered. "Never be the one who has to wake him up."

Leon never misses his BeReal. He could have been stabbed two minutes before it happened and we would take it as he was bleeding out.

"Never", he said with the most serious look.

Ukraine has a collection of silly hats with her. Small ones that can fit in her purse or pocket. Why? So that if anyone is upset she can give them a silly little hat, because who doesn't feel better with a silly hat?

Katyusha immediately took a hat out her pocket, ran over to Alfred, plopped it onto his head, and went back to her seat. Alfred took it off and saw a a really bad attempt at a clown fish. He put it back on after muttering something that sounded like "poor nemo".

Prussia replaces normal meme formats with pictures of himself.

"I should show everyone!" Gilbert started to pull out his phone.

"Show us at dinner! I want to get through more of these before it," Ludwig said, slapping Gilbert's phone lightly out of his hand.

As a last case scenario, Prussia once had to babysit Italy when he was still living with Austria. Together they painted mustaches on the portraits and Prussia then proceeded to untune the piano.