Volume

.   .   .   .   .
Noah ||

Over the past few days everyone from her family especially Amelia called Lilah to make sure she's doing okay and to understand what happened.

Lilah told me that they took care of Dominic. Whatever that means. I hope he got what he deserves.

It's been also quiet. We talk and do things but she doesn't smile often which breaks my heart. She deserves to be happy.

Lilah was in my room, reading while wearing dark framed glasses which suit her amazingly by the way. "You're just going to sit in this bed for the rest of the week?" I leaned on the door frame crossing my arms. She shot her eyes at me just ditching my question and she focused on her book again.

"Lilah?" I cleared my throat. She sighed ignoring me. "You haven't ate anything at all. You don't even look at the food I make you." I don't know what she's going through but I can imagine it very well and it crushes me.

She gets up and sits on the edge of the bed. I walk towards her and sit beside her. "Is there something you wanna tell me?" I asked.

A moment of silence. "I feel like I'm a burden to you." she looked down. I furrowed my brows. "Lilah, believe me. You're not." I grabbed her chin making her look at me.

She placed a soft kiss on my lips. Her lips tasted like strawberries and heaven. I felt her taste inside my mouth and I loved it. I kissed her forehead. "Those glasses suit you, you know." I stared into her mesmerising eyes.

She rested her head on my shoulders. "Thank you baby."

Her calling me baby made sparkles erupt in my stomach and gave me butterflies all at once. I couldn't help but smile widely.

She punched my hand as a joke, "I still can't believe my bite mark is tattooed on your shoulder." she laughed.

Man her laugh. It's everything I've wanted to hear.

My mother had texted me and called me since the day we left the dinner. She does her best but she doesn't? If that makes sense. And my father just loves to send me new contracts.

I've been ignoring both of them.

I've been doing some investing myself but I mostly told my assistant to keep an eye on everything. A floor below I have my own working space with people who work for me.

So that's a bonus.

"Noah?" I got out of my trance. "Noah did you hear what I said?" "Yeah baby?" she sighed heavily.

"I asked you can we drive somewhere?" "Yeah of course. Anywhere specific?" "No."

.   .   .   .   .
Lilah ||

He got serious for a moment and didn't hear what I said but eventually he got out of his thoughts and answered me.

I didn't know where I wanted to go or did I even wanted to go. It was just an excuse to get out of this bed and actually do something. I can't let one man ruin my entire life so I'm not going to let that happen.