Part 3: Town

You parked your new car in the tall parking lot near the shopping centre, making sure to pay for the ticket - after all, you didn't want to get your brother a fine. You walked into the shopping centre and tried to find someone to swap with. There were many options; children? No, not really, you can't see much from down there. Shop workers? Confined to one space. Groups of people? Stuck in the group. You couldn't find any people by themselves around. Then, you had a thought. "Can I swap with inanimate objects?" Knowledge begins to flood your mind. You infact can swap with inanimate objects, but you will gain 'fingers' to click. You decide to try it out. You walk into a large department store, looking for mannequins; they're the most non-human human-like thing you know. You walk deep into the store, look at a mannequin on a busy aisle, look at yourself, press your eyes shut firmly and click your fingers. You immediately feel a shift and know you've gained height. You can feel the new dress covering your plastic immobile body - the only bits you can move are the joints, your eyes and your fingers. "Alright," you say in your head. "And now we wait." You scan the aisle looking for someone to become. You spot three people - a businessman, a teenage girl about your age, and a 24 year old who looks to be an athlete. You look at the man then your grey, dull self, and click your fingers. Your consciousness is shot across the room into the man in a suit, looking at his phone. You begin to walk quite fast out of the store, watching as the athlete obliviously approaches you at a perfect 90 degree angle. Thoughts begin to race. "Should I become her?" "What is life like as a girl?" "How would I cope?" All of these thoughts overflow your mind as you look at yourself and bump into the athlete. You pick yourself up and brush any muck or filth off of your sporty clothes and apologise to the man. "Some people need to watch where they're going." you mutter. Wondering why you were in the shop in the first place and why you felt different, you dropped the clothes you were carrying and made your way out. You walked towards the toilets to check you were okay - you weren't hurt by the fall, you just felt really weird. You looked at yourself in the mirror to check everything was right and where it's meant to be; hair? Check. Face looks alright? Check. Clothes? Check. Boobs? Check. Butt? Check. (how else would people be attracted to you?) Shoes? Check. With everything alright, you walk back towards your car, swinging your ponytail as if its the first time you've ever had long hair.

(What Ben doesn't know is: he swapped with the athlete when he bumped into her, and cannot remember the swap.)