Part 8: Friends and Family

You shoot back into your own body, only just missing death; maybe this swapping thing is more dangerous than it looks. You paced, trying to think of your next swap - its so addictive! After a few minutes of thinking you decided it would be hilarious to mess around with your friends, swapping into their families and making them do weird stuff.  After thinking for a while, you decided your first switch would be into your friend Thomas' family. Only one question stood now - how were you going to get there? You didn't want your body there when you were making the swaps and twisting peoples' minds, so you had to be creative. As spring was appearing, you could swap with a seasonal animal that has no real goal such as a fly or a bee, seeing as dogs were a bit limited and its a bit difficult to focus on an insect. Your other option was to become next-door's cat and walk all the way to Thomas' house whilst trying to dodge traffic and other life-threatening obstacles - you'd already experienced enough death recently. You were really stuck for choice - what the hell were you going to do? You finally settled on just swapping with someone driving down the road; you could just take a detour to Thomas' house along the way. You look at the driver of the first car that passes, back at yourself, and click your fingers to find yourself in a car alone. Success! Having people in the car really wasn't what you wanted. The next thing you noticed was you were travelling quite quick, so you begin to slow down to let the sirens behind you pass. And the final thing you notice is you're the criminal that stole this car. "Oh, shit!" You shout as you screech away and drive straight towards your destination. As you approach the house you begin to slow down a tiny bit to try and swap with someone. Luckily, Thomas' older sister Hannah was sitting outside making a TikTok. You swap into her and let the grand theft continue as normal. You had a slight crush on Hannah, so being in her body was one of the best things ever. You ran your hands down your new 20-year-old body, enjoying how soft and comfortable it felt, before walking back into the house. "Time to fuck his mind." you mutter.