ℑ𝔫𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔡𝔲𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 & 𝔖𝔶𝔫𝔬𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔰

INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION

YEP. ME AGAIN. BACK AT IT WITH THE LACK OF SELF-CONTROL! I really want to write a vampire!Bucky fic and have wanted to for a while, but I just wasn't sure how to go about it. I miss writing vampire fanfics. I used to write in the Lost Boys fandom (you can find one of my books on here), but the fandom is notoriously quiet, so I kind of stopped because the silence is hugely demotivating. It's also a small fandom which doesn't help lol

I fucking love vampires. I watch so many vampire movies, it's honestly a problem. Bad? Good? Doesn't matter, baby. I will eat them up. My top ten vampire movies just because I want to give an unprompted recommendations:

- The Lost Boys (top tier, always imitated but never duplicated - whatever reboot they're going to do is going to suck so fucking hard)
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Fright Night
- Near Dark
- Afflicted
- 30 Days of Night
- Let the Right One In
- What We Do in the Shadows (the TV show is amazing too)
- Bloodsucking Bastards
- A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

ANYWAY, this will be set in the 1980s to give y'all those Lost Boys/Fright Night (the OG from 1985, not the remake, the remake doesn't have the camp or the juice to stand up to the original)/Near Dark vibes. If you haven't seen those, you may need to for context/the vibe for this fic. I also just highly recommend them as prime vampire content.

So, while you're reading, don't think of Twilight, think of Midnight Mass (I love this show so much, it's fucking insane how many times I've seen it), Salem's Lot, The Lost Boys, Near Dark, and Fright Night. You know, the quality shit 🤌🏻 If there are references to stuff like the Vampire Diaries, it's because that show borrowed from vampire lore. I've never seen it (from the premise and some of the clips I've seen, it doesn't look like something I'd like-- I like very specific vampires), so I have no idea what y'all will be referencing. So, no, there aren't references to the Vampire Diaries in this fic.

How dark is this going to be? I haven't decided yet. How creepy is it going to be? I also haven't quite decided that yet. I write by the seat of my pants, so whatever comes out, comes out. I do promise that I know a shitload about vampires, so I'm confident that I will do them justice.

They won't be horrifying monster vampires like Lux. I really want to lean into the 80s camp, so it'll be a little silly where it needs to be, because 80s vampires are kings of camp. Actually, vampires in general are. They're ridiculous, bisexual, and dramatic as fuck. I love them.

This fic will run from September 2022 all the way to the end of October, just in time for the fall season!

SYNOPSIS

It's October of 1986. James Barnes is a mysterious and handsome newcomer to the sleepy town of Graybrooke. Rumor has it that he's come to take over running the town's popular flower shop after the mysterious illness and disappearance of its owner, Thaddeus Ross who hasn't been seen in months.

James strikes up a friendship with Vada Bradley, a widow, who runs a mortuary and a funeral home across the street.

Vada is intrigued by James, and she falls for him fast. He's everything she could possibly want in a partner. He's debonaire, sensitive, well-read, easygoing, he rides a motorcycle, and he's incredibly sweet. The whole town seems enchanted by him, but there's something strange about her new beau that she can't quite put her finger on.

When more and more of Greybrooke's residents start turning up dead, Vada becomes suspicious about their causes of death, and the man she's quickly falling for.

DRAWING BY GRACIE_CREATIONS ON INSTAGRAM 💗💗

COMING HALLOWEEN 2022