𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱: 𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔖𝔲𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔢𝔰 𝔇𝔬𝔴𝔫

CW: VAMPIRE SMUT

CW: VAMPIRE SMUT. Sort of. We're not into the full-blown shit yet, but we're getting there. Bloodplay, breathplay, dom!Bucky, a splash of knife kink, blood drinking, biting, and rough sex.

This chapter was inspired by Court of the Vampire Queen by Katee Robert. I absolutely bow down to her.

I feel like so many of my chapters have just been smut. Oh well!

James whistles as he walks through the grocery aisles, picking up two large steaks, vegetables, potatoes, and some ingredients to make a chocolate mousse for dessert. Vada has everything else he needs, her pantry is stocked with herbs and spices.

He also gets some sparkling cranberry juice to help feed her while she's undergoing this process. She's going to need blood. Desperately. Part of him has forgotten just how intense this process is for new vampires. He's expecting the worst when he arrives. This would be easier with wine, it would disguise the taste better, but he's got to work with what he's got.

Soon, she'll develop a taste for blood, for death and destruction. James has managed to keep his tempered over the years, but that takes time and experience, both of which Vada doesn't have. He's not sure how her addictive personality will come out over time. Sometimes the most ugly parts of humanity rear their heads before vampires learn to control them. It happened with Steve.

She'll need blood the way a human needs water, food, money, and sex. It will become her obsession, consuming her every waking moment.

That's the part he feels the most guilty about. He doesn't want to do that to her, and she may very well hate him for it.

But with time, she'll learn to control her bloodlust, but that's a trick that comes with age. Steve is still learning. A vampire doesn't need to feed every night, maybe once every three or four days will suffice. But, like indulging in food or alcohol, some vampires prefer to eat every day, or every few hours if they so wish. Blood makes them powerful. It makes for faster healing, better senses, and better sex.

He strolls up to the cashier and puts everything down. The cashier begins to scan his items and from beside him, someone begins to load their groceries onto the belt. James turns his head and smiles at her. She has a stony, but curious expression. Her blonde hair is pulled into a tight ponytail and James looks down, spotting a badge on her hip.

Fuck.

Be friendly. Be polite. Hide in plain sight. James is good at that. He can talk to cops, but there's something about this one that makes him a little nervous. Thankfully, he's incapable of blushing, and his adrenal glands only work when he's feeding or fucking. So, it's impossible for him to actually look nervous, but she might be able to see it in his eyes.

"That's quite a feast," she remarks with a smirk as she looks at the steak, . "Special occasion?"

"My girlfriend's just sick. Figured I would take care of her."