𝔗𝔴𝔬: 𝔗𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢

CW: Dream smut and real smut (car blowjobs, masturbation, dirty talk)

CW: Dream smut and real smut (car blowjobs, masturbation, dirty talk). Vampires appear in dreams, so don't get mad at me for that!

This time, I've taken direct inspiration from The Lost Boys and Salem's Lot. There's a lot of fluff to start this chapter off. The next one will also be super fluffy to start off, but I want some vampire filth, so here you go! Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!

"There is no life here but the slow death of days, and so when the evil falls on the town, its coming seems almost preordained, sweet and morphic."
- Stephen King, "Salem's Lot"

The Prince tape plays in the background as they lay on the blanket listening to the waves crash against the shore below. The shadows from the trees dig their claw-like branches into the ground around them and the wind bites at their skin as it howls low like a wolf in the distance. James doesn't feel the chill from the ocean the same way that Vada does. He gives her his jacket and zips it up for her.

"Such a gentleman," she whispers.

"We are a rare breed." He kisses her. "You look better than I do in this thing."

"Aren't you cold?"

James shakes his head.

He's enamoured by her and the way the moonlight brings out her beautiful features. Warm, hazel eyes, a pretty smile, and the softest lips he's ever felt in his 107 years on this earth.

James couldn't stop staring at her while she talked about growing up in Washington, about the rain and hiking in the mountains. Her voice has a soft, ethereal quality to it, and he could listen to her for hours.

He's falling in love with her.

It's not unusual for a vampire. His kind sees deep into the human psyche, learns to know people immediately on an almost instinctual level. It's animalistic and beautiful.

But Vada has secrets that she doesn't want him to unearth. No matter how deeply he stares into her eyes, secretly compelling her to give him the truth, she digs her heels into the proverbial dirt.

She's stubborn.

James loves a challenge.

Vada looks up at him as he climbs on top of her and kisses up and down her neck. Her pulse throbs beneath his lips and his mouth waters as decades of instinct threaten to take over. He holds it back, cradling the urge in the palm of his hand and whispering, not yet. The beast inside of him inches backward. He's hungry. The blood from her thigh wasn't enough, and he can feel starvation nipping at his heels like a dog.

He'll have to kill tonight.

But not her. Even though her blood is the sweetest and most alive thing in the world, like the first sip of coffee in the morning.