Part 16 - EXTRA

I stand by the stereo next to the pool, trying to figure out what to play. I look through all the vinyl's in a box under the stereo trying to find something everyone will enjoy. I also look through a smaller box with cassette tapes in it but give up on trying to find something. I sigh and grab a random vinyl and look at the front, "tears for fears - songs from the big chair" I read out loud and take out the vinyl and place it on the record player, on the stereo. 

I turn around and see Steve and Eddie carrying out a table to put by the pool and then Robin and Vickie walks behind them with drinks and a few rows with plastic glass. I close the lid to the record player and let it stay turned off until everything is ready. I look down on my clothes and decide to switch to something a bit more fitting, so I run inside towards my room to change. 

I chose a yellow pair of swimming trunks, since we are going to be by the pool. I put them on and then I look in my closet for a nice white shirt or something. I see a white button up and take it out of the closet to put it on. I let the 3 last buttons stay unbuttoned and then I put on my sunglasses before I head back downstairs to the others. 

Eddie meets me by the bottom of the stairs and I give him a smile. "button up shirts really suit you" he says and pulls me in a hug. "thank you" I say and lean my head on his shoulder. "would you like to borrow a pair of stimming trunks?" I ask and pull away to look at him. "yes please" he says and he gives me a kiss on the lips, "then follow me, Eddie the puppet master" I say and grab his hand to walk up the stairs again. "of course, my prince" he says and we both chuckle as we walk up the stairs.

I bring Eddie with me towards Steve's room and I start looking through his drawers for his swimming trunks. "why are we looking in Steve's room?" Eddie says confused and looks at the drawer, "because you are tall and Steve happens to be about your height too" I say and look up at a confused Eddie. "my swimming trunks would be too small for you" I then say and start looking again, "oooooh, right my boyfriend is short" he says grinning. "ha ha ha" I say sarcastically and throw him a blue pair of shorts at him, "I'll wait for you by the pool" I then say and he gives me a quick kiss before I start walking out of the room.

*****

I sit by the pool ledge and nod my head to the music in the background. Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears was now playing after Robin had turned it on when the rest of the group had arrived. I look around me and see Jonathan and Argyle sitting by the sunchairs, smoking of course and then Nancy was talking to Robin and Vickie on the other side of the pool. Steve was by the table making a drink for himself, I turn around to see if Eddie was finished yet and right as I do so he walks out of the glass doors. 

I smile at him and he gives me a wink with his eye before walking over to the table with the drinks. I get up and walk over to the table as well and he hands me a drink, "thank you" I say and quickly chug it. "wow easy there big boy" Eddie says and I put back the glass on the table, "I'll be fine Mr. Rockstar" I say and grin at him. Steve rolls his eyes at me and Eddie raises his eyebrow at me before doing the same with his drink. 

We both walk back to the pool and I take off my white button up, only wearing my special black swimming top under. Eddie takes off his T-shirt and I walk over to the small trampoline on the edge of the pool. I run across the trampoline and do a little jump before I dive in. I swim up to the surface again and shake my head a bit to get the hair out of my face. "niiice my dude" Argyle says and I chuckle at him and Jonathan standing by the edge. Eddie comes after me but does the canon ball instead and water splashes all over Jonathan and Argyle. None of them reacts to it but then Argyle starts talking again, "wooow that was such a splash" he says and Jonathan nods his head "yeahhh splash".