37

Violet

2 months later

"Ok yeah let's do that. Also, what if we put up hanging lights?" I asked.

I did end up getting that building with Kostas's help and my dad almost immediately took charge of designing the place. My family as well as his and Aria's were very pleased to find out that I was finally opening my own bakery. My dad was the most excited because he knew I would ask him to help me with the design. Whatever idea I come up with, he's able to bring it to life. It's been a lot of back and forth because one minute I like something, but then I change my mind.

We pretty much finished the layout of the bakery, the next step is construction. The building is in good condition, but it still needs remodeling.

"That would look nice." Kostas said. He contacted a company that will be in charge of the construction. I was very surprised when he told me it would only take about 4 months for the project to be complete and knowing my dad and Kostas, they'll be supervising the construction to make sure everything goes right.

My dad doesn't have any other projects to work on so he has the time. I, on the other hand, still have to work a full time job as well as be on the hunt for the furniture and appliances that will be used, as well as, vendors for the ingredients I'll need. Not to mention the process of finding employees and creating a menu. Good thing I keep track of all of my recipes.

September is also here which means my birthday is coming up in a few days. Kostas wants to take me on a vacation so I had to use up some of my PTO. My birthday is on Thursday and we'll be leaving Wednesday morning. He's taking me to Greece. This is where he grew up so I'm sure he'll be giving me a tour. He's shown me pictures of his vila in Athens, where we'll be staying, and it's incredible. It screams luxury and I can't wait to see it in person.

I'm both excited and nervous for this trip. I've never really been out of the country. I did go to Canada once, but I don't really count that since that's literally a 30 minute drive for me given where I stay compared to the 10 hours to Greece. Hell, I remember some of my professors at my university commuted from Canada.

"Are you excited for the trip?" Kostas asked as if he's been reading my mind.
"Yeah, you read my mind because I was just thinking about the trip." I said laughing.
He smiled. "2 more days and we'll be there. I can't wait to show you around."

"What time are we leaving?" I asked. I'm sure it's gonna be an early flight.
"We can leave in the morning, around eight, but it truly doesn't matter. The pilot will be on stand by until we get there anyway." He said. Huh?
"What do you mean?" I asked confused. Surely there's a flight time on the tickets.

"I have a jet baby." He smiled. I couldn't escape the gasp that left me. A freaking jet? I honestly shouldn't have expected less. Why wouldn't this extremely wealthy man have a private jet.

"Wow, I swear I learn something new about you everyday." I said in amazement and he laughed.

——————

2 days later

"Ready moró?" Kostas asked me as I fluffed out my ponytail. I had on some sweatpants and a tee shirt because I planned on sleeping most of the ride. While this is my first time traveling long distance outside of the US, this isn't my first time on a plane so I'm not nervous about the flight at all.

"Yeah let's go." I said and he grabbed my hand. He already took our suitcases to the car and put them in the trunk. All that's left for us to do is leave. I triple checked to make sure I packed everything.

We ate something small earlier because Kostas said there would be breakfast on the plane. I'm expecting something good since it's a private jet. The airport is about 45 minutes away and Kurt will be taking us there. Kostas apparently likes to keep his jet at smaller airports so there's less through traffic.