1

Violet

I woke up to the sun beaming on my face. I cursed my past self for not closing my curtains all the way yesterday, they were still slightly open and the sun just so happened to line up with my face through the blinds.
I checked the time on my phone and it was almost 11:00 am, I slept in today considering its Saturday. I don't work on weekends thankfully, unless I pick up for some overtime.

I got up stretching with a yawn and made my way to my bathroom so I could brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I had to fluff my hair back out after I took my bonnet off. Afterwards I went downstairs to make something to eat.

Fifteen minutes later, I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen. "Ooh are you making pancakes?" Aria, my best friend and roommate, said.

"Yup want some?" I asked already knowing the answer. "Very much so." she said.

After I finished cooking, we both made our plates and went into the living room to eat and watch tv. "What do you want to watch?" I asked grabbing the remote. She thought about it for a second before answering.

"Want to keep watching Criminal Minds?" she suggested and I nodded, we're still on season 12 so why not continue binging it. I go to Netflix and click on Criminal Minds.

A couple episodes later and I decide I'm in the mood for fruit. I know we don't have any because I checked when I was making breakfast.

"Wanna go to the grocery store with me I want strawberries?" I called out.

"Yeah let me put on some clothes, I'm still in pajamas." She said and went to go change. I already got ready this morning, nothing too extravagant just something comfortable because it is fall and October is a couple days away. I also tied a jacket around my waist in case it's colder than expected.

Aria comes back down and we leave out, making sure to lock the door behind us. We decided to take her car. On the way there, we talked about any and everything, it was a ten minute drive.

"Don't forget about the auction tonight ." She reminded me and I groaned. I did forget about that.

Aria's parents are filthy rich and are attending an auction tonight, it's taking place in a banquet hall and this would be my first time going to one. Aria invited me to these a few times before, but I was usually busy doing assignments that were due. We actually met our freshman year of college, she had majored in business, while I majored in culinary arts with a minor in business. She also went to cosmetology school. She wants to be a hair stylist and open up her own shop. Luckily for her, the responsibility of taking over her parents businesses fell into the hands of her older brother and sister.

She hopes to get big clients, like celebrities, in the future. She is currently stationed in a hair shop called Diva Hair. Her parents agreed to help her open up her shop, but they want her to gain professional experience first. Back in college, she used to do hair for a lot of the Black women and men around campus. Non Black women also came to her for different hairstyles.

She always does my hair for free since she used me for photos for her instagram page, but I've always supported her by bringing her new clients personally and sending her money for her services.

After I was done with school, I managed to get a job at a nice bakery, it's a successful Black owned business called Lana's Bakery—named after his late wife— that pays its employees well and gets a lot of customers. My boss, Mr.Jones, also teaches me baking techniques that will come in handy when I venture off on my own. While I don't have everything figured out yet like Aria, her parents offered to help me as well by answering a lot of my business related questions.

"You forgot didn't you?" She said shaking her head as we walked into the grocery store. "Sorry...what time does it start?" I asked, maybe I still have time to get a dress, if not I could wear one of the dresses I already have.

"It starts at 7."She told me. It's only 3:10 I can find a dress within that time period and maybe have enough time to do my makeup.

"Okay after we leave here I'll go find a dress at the mall or something." I told her. She shook her head. "We'll go to Leona, she has your measurements from last time so she'll already know what size you'll need and all you'll have to do is pick something at her shop." She told me.

Her family had a tailor who they go to for special events that require them to dress up. I've only been to her one time because her parents had a vow renewal a few months ago and my family was invited as well. Aria took me to Leona to get a dress made and it was stunning.

After we left the grocery store with the fruit, as well as some impulse snacks, we went home to put everything away and left back out to go to Leona's shop.

Sartoria

////////////////////////////////

Aria below