38

Kostas

Once I was finally done cooking, I sighed in relief.

Violet's birthday is today and I have so much planned. First, breakfast, then I'll have her open her gifts from me. Once we're done I'll take her to a luxury spa my mom used to frequent, I know she'll be in good hands. It took everything in me not to allow Aria to go with her, because I know she wouldn't want to be there alone, but I really want tonight to be a surprise. This spa day is not only for her relaxation, but it gives me enough time to set everything up and get everyone settled in at the beach. Luckily, the spa is only a 10 minute drive from the beach so they won't be waiting too long.

After the spa treatment, I'll pick her up and take her to the beach where both of our friends and families will be waiting to surprise her. This is where we'll be eating dinner and cutting the cake I pre-ordered for her weeks ago. Once it gets dark, there will be a firework show that I know she'll enjoy.

The doorbell rung as I was plating the food.
I left the kitchen to open the door and it was a man with a huge bouquet of purple flowers.
"Parádosi gia ti Violet Miller?" The man questions. I nod and sign the sheet on the clipboard and he left.
(Delivery for Violet Miller?)

There was a card attached and it read 'Happy birthday Violet!'. These were clearly from my aunt judging from the name of the company on the card.

I placed the flowers on the dining room table and went back to the kitchen.
Violet should be down here soon, I heard her wake up earlier.

Like clockwork, I hear her walking down the stairs.
"Good morning!" She said smiling.
"Happy birthday. Lots of things planned for today so eat up!" I told her and grabbed our plates.
She followed me to the dining room and gasped when she saw the flowers.
"Are these for me?" She asked the obvious.
"Nope, they're just for decoration." I told her as I set the plates down on the table.
"Ha ha very funny."
"My aunt delivered these flowers to you just moments ago." I told her gesturing to the flowers that made a nice centerpiece on the table.

"Oh wow, tell her I said thank you." She smiled and got a closer look at them.
I pulled her chair out for her and sat down across from her.

"Chef-ing it up for my birthday?" She asked smiling.
"When do I not 'chef' it up?" I asked and started cutting into the pancakes.
"True." She murmured after taking a bite of her food. I laughed upon seeing her puffy cheeks.

We spent the next several minutes eating and once we were done I was excited to have her open her gifts.

"Stay here while I put our dishes up." I told her and grabbed the plates. I put them in the sink and left them to become a problem for later. Right now I want to take her to her gifts.

"Follow me." I said and grabbed her hand.
I began to guide her to the living room where I have all of her gifts set out.

"Well, I'm holding your hand so I kind of have to follow you." She said smartly.
"Alright miss sarcasm." I said.
"Payback for this morning." She said.

When we finally made it to the living room, she gasped when she saw all the gifts set up by the couch.
"Happy birthday." I told her and gave her a kiss.
"Thank you." She said after pulling away.

"Ready to open them.?" I asked and led her to the couch. "Mhm." She nodded.

After about an hour of opening her gifts—I might have went overboard with the gifts—I was finally able to initiate the next part of our day.

"Ok get dressed while I clean some of this up." I told her and began picking up some of the empty bags and wrapping paper off of the floor.