Chapter 8

His eyes widened.

The memory came back once again but way more detailed.

The memory of him clasping hands with Mikey,trying to save him.

This happened a lot but it had never been so..

Real.

"Say that again."

the time leaper said almost letting go of the other.

"Please help me?"

Mikey had said confused.

He wasn't sure what was happening to the other.

But.

The boy was  shaking lightly,every time he looked into the others eyes the memory of him almost falling fell straight to his eyes.

Takemichi didn't know what he felt.

Was it sadness,fear or anger?

He didn't understand.This was a chance for him to save the other but he couldn't.He couldn't look at the other without remembering.

Sure,the memory ended before they had fallen and landed on the ground.But he felt it,he felt what it was like to fall off a building and get shot 3 times.

He looked back to his chest,the injuries were not there but it hurt.All day he tried ignoring it but it hurt like hell.

What was wrong with him.It's not like he hadn't dealt with worse.

This was his chance to save everyone yet he only cared about himself.

How selfish he thought he was.

How cruel for everyone that had died in front of the poor boy.

It was right there,he could save everyone,but it hurt.

It was not like he could ignore it because the one who cause the memory was right there,he needed to ignore it.

"Sorry,I guess I moved too quickly"

The boy said with his smiled.

It was disgusting how he could smile when everyone was depending on him.He needed to get his act together if he wanted to save everyone.

When they were safe,he could finally rest.

He was so close in the last timeline.

It was almost the perfect future,but Mikey decided to jump.

Everyone was there,they were all smiling together.

So was it Mikey's fault?

No,of course not.

The time leaper wanted to save him,it was everyone's dying wish. 

Take care of Mikey

That was his last job but he blew it,like the selfish moron he was.

"Let's go back to the others,they must be worried sick of where you went"

Takemichi said as he got up.

It hurt to walk,but he should be grateful because the other had barely hit him.He might have only got a broken arm and leg or something.

On the other end Mikey couldn't help but think of himself.

Why had he done this,Draken and everyone was fine here so he didn't need to worry.

Maybe it was because he thought it was a dream or the world playing with him.

Damn,he never thought time traveling could be so draining,physically and mentally.

The boy had everything here to protect,he could go back to being himself and everything will be fine.Here,no one could look at him like the murderer he was.He could fix things,who knows maybe even better then the other?

Thinking of that almost made him smile as he drove the other back.

He smiled at Hina who had run into his arms crying.

She was so used to seeing the boy hurt that she didn't even ask about his injuries,she was just happy to see the other.To see he was not dead was more than a good answer.

Takemichi kept it silent of who the person who did this was as he looked at Hina.

Mikey had gone to Draken and Emma acting like himself again.

Takemichi knew the other must feel guilty,but he should get over it.They will never find out about what he had done,the only person who knows will be him.

Hinata then held the others arm.

"Takemichi,thank you.

I know I was the one who broke up with you but,

I really do love you and I want you to be happy.

So please think more about yourself every time I see you you're hurt and that hurts me."

Takemichi's eyes widened.

But it was not because of the kind words said by the other that was in his arms.

"I'm glad,

but please go now I beg of you."

He said tears in his eyes subconsciously repeating Hina's last words as he quickly turned the other side pushing Hina away.

"I don't want to see you die again"

Was the last thing he said before a gunshot noise was heard.

He suddenly fell to the ground as Hina started to cry terrified.

But then like magic the girl had fainted and Takemichi was now someplace else.

"So at last Takemichi is free

And no longer needs to save anyone.

This is the way you wanted it to be isn't it Takemichi?"

A voice said as Takemichi looked up.

"You are a child of the world but we give you the choice.

Do you want revenge or continue to live?" 

The same voice asked.