Intro

Jade wasn't nervous about attending Top Gun. Although young, she is an amazing pilot. No rio, however, she knew what she was doing. If she was nervous about anything, it was about getting kicked out as soon as she stepped on base. Why, you might be asking. Well, Jade had quite a name attached to herself, due to her father's legacy. Yes, her father was a famous pilot. Yes, he had gone mock 10.4 before, yes he was a flying Ace with five kills, even if one of those was his own RIO. Yes, her father was THE Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell. She hoped that many on base wouldn't make the connection, but she wasn't sure. She remembered when her previous Capitan told her the news on her admission to Top Gun,

Jade had been called into the office on the ship that morning. She initially thought it was because of the prank she had pulled on the guys that were bunking down the hall from her. The Captain addressed her with her callsign, "Renegade, come in, I have news for you". Jade stood at ease in front of her Captain's desk as he continued to speak, "I had one spot for a Top Gun recommendation this year, thankfully you don't have a RIO." Her Captain smiled at her, she was going to Top Gun after so many years of hard work. Jade was thrilled and her face showed it as she smirked. Never did she think she would get accepted into Top Gun, not after the crap her entire family has pulled with the Navy. If Jade was being honest with herself, she was surprised her ass wasn't dismissed and officially grounded after Admiral Kazansky died. He got her into flight school, and stood up for her when some idiot decided to give her hell about being Mitchell's kid. In fact, Kazansky even helped cover it up to the point most people over looked it. The only ones who really knew about Maverick anymore were, well the older pilots and the higher ups. Jade responded to her Captain, "Sir, RIOs and my family history don't mix well. And, sir, I'd be honored to attend Top Gun." This made the Captain smile, and shake his head with a bit of laughter, " You are young Renegade, but you are easily one of the best pilots I've seen in a while. Easily capable of being one of the best of the best, the top 1% of naval aviators. It was a little hard to pull the strings to get Admiral Beau to accept your papers, especially without a four-star Admiral backing you up. Your reputation will be tainted the minute you step into FighterTown, in Miramar. Your classmates might not connect the two of you together - you and your father I mean - but the older ones will. And for gods sake do NOT run into Penny Benjamin. Your father's reputation will bring you friends and enemies. You will not just be Jade 'Renegade' Mitchell, you'll be Captain Mitchell's daughter as well. Now more than ever. I tell you this to implore you to stay trrue to yourself kid, and watch your back. Kazansky isn't here to protect you Mitchell's anymore. Jade's smile flattened into a line and nodded, responding, "No need to worry sir. I understand. I can do this myself, I don't need Maverick. I'll be careful sir." The Captain nodded dismissing her, "Keep that attitude kid. Now go pack, you'll be in fighter town by morning. If you can pack fast enough that is." Jade chuckled at this, her hand on the doorknob ready to close the door completely, "I was born with the need for speed Captian. I'll send you a post card!" 

Now as Jade unpacked her gear into her locker, she sighed. She hadn't run into any of her classmates yet, they had been out flying when she had arrived. Not that she was late, they were simply practicing or tuning their engines. Jade was startled though, and almost threw a bottle of dry shampoo at a voice suddenly appearing beside her, "Yes! I wwas beginning to worry that I was the only girl on the base, let alone the class! My name is Emma, but everyone calls me H20. Yes, I know corny but whoever liked their callsign you know? What's your name?" Jade couldn't decide if she liked this girl or not, but eventually decided that it was only their first interaction, "Nice to meet you H20. I'm jade, but most call me by my call sign Renegade. I am also glad there is another girl in the class. I was scared the locker room would be quiet." Emma seemed a bit shocked at this information, " Renegade as in - " Jade knew what to expect, "The daughter of Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell. Yes, yes..." Jade sighed, she knew it was too good to be true. Emma stuttered quickly trying to recover, "Uhm, well, yeah, but no not what I was trying to ask. I meant, as in... how did you get that callsign?" Jade smirked, deeply pleased that Emma didn't seem to get a rat's ass about who her dad was, "Well, I like to talk back. Take the road less traveled. I don't follow the textbook, rely on my instincts. I'm a little reckless. and Maverick was already taken" Jade laughed. Emma's face lit up, "Oh, that's so cool! Way better than mine!" Emma wined, "I'd love to chat more, but we better get into our gear!"

 Emma's face lit up, "Oh, that's so cool! Way better than mine!" Emma wined, "I'd love to chat more, but we better get into our gear!"