I'm as Right as the Mail

When the nurse had come in, it was the same nurse as before that had helped Pete. She assessed that Jade was doing just fine, and restocked the Iv bags that held fluids and pain medication. She smiled at Jade as she walked out and stated, "I knew you'd be just fine. Let me know if you need anything," the nurse then turned to Pete as well addressing both of them, " Oh, and Bradshaw has refused to stay in bed when he heard he could see Jade. Should I tell him to come in?" 

Pete looked at Jade, letting her know silently that it was up to her. Jade looked up at the nurse, "Yes, that's alright. Can, can I have some water? with Ice?" The nurse nodded before leaving the room. 

Pete was still holding her hand between his, he was shaking slightly, but Jade could tell he wasn't going to let go anytime soon. She chuckled a little but regretted it as Pete freaked out, "Are you okay?!" 

Jade smiled, "I'm alright. No need to worry, just bruised. Light's bright, but I'm okay." Her smiled faded slightly, "I wasn't totally back when the Doctor was talking, what did he say about flying?"  

Pete chuckled lightly, of course only his daughter would be worried about not getting back in the air right after a crash, "In three months, and your exam will be spoken with Admiral Beau." 

She smiled at this, "It'll be hard, but I can pull three months. Also spoken exam is great, I can't spell for shit." 

Pete's eyebrows scrunched together, "Language lil' Mitchell" 

Jade smiled, "That's what Uncle Ice called me." 

Just then there was alight knock at the door, and a Penny followed by a worried Bradley came in. Penny had a look of confusion as she looked around, and Bradley immediately came to stand beside Jade's bed, on the opposite side of Maverick. 

Bradley didn't speak but looked over Jade multiple times, very worried. Jade smiled up at her best friend, "I'm alright Brad Brad." Jade began to cough but simply waved off the worried faces surrounding her, "My throat's just dry. It's bright in here, can we just turn the lights off or something?" Bradley, still in his flight suit not having anything to change into, grabbed his surviving aviators and placed them on Jade's face. 

It was Penny's turn to speak, "Where's Jess, Pete?" 

"She went to pack up Jade's stuff and take it to our place. She's grabbing clothes for Jade, Bradley and I." Pete responded, not moving from Jade's side. 

Jade's eyes grew wide, " Moms here?!" At this point the nurse came in and handed Jade one of those big round classic plastic hospital cups with the straw. 

Pete answered her, "Yup, she'll be back soon. I'll have to call her and tell her you're awake. But I - " 

Penny tapped Pete on the shoulder, "Come on Pete she'll be alright. Let's go call Jess, and remember your class is in the lobby. Admiral Beau wants to talk to you as well, something about Janson's trial next week." 

Pete sighed as he held Jade's hand, debating whether to go or not. Jade saw this worry in his eyes, "I'll be alright, Dad. Please go call mom, and make sure Em's alright. And Janson's trial?" 

Pete stood, releasing Jade's hand for the first time since she's woken up, and placing another kiss on her forehead, "Don't worry about him right now. We will have enough of that on our plate as soon as we're all out of here. I love you, kiddo." 

With that Penny and Pete left hand in hand. Jade saw how Penny comforted her father, and realized that she was really perfect for Mav. Now Bradley and Jade were alone. Jade laughed as she looked at him, "You're still in your flight suit? Isn't that uncomfortable? You must have been in it a long time."