F-R-I-E-N-D-S

Was Jade upset with how she woke up alone? She honestly didn't know, she had reflected on the note Bradley left in the morning. She had seen the note that he had left when she began to make herself coffee this morning, and now she was getting into her uniform for class today - still thinking about the note.

Hey, good morning Jade. I left last night, I thought you would want to be alone in the morning, I can be loud. Get coffee before you go to class, that might help with the consequences made from last night.- Bradley

It had been a while since she had a written note from Rooster. She had almost forgotten how bad his hand writing was, almost. Jade poured two travel mugs of black coffee before she went to School today. She picked them up out of her locker in the locker room as she cursed herself for making such a tight bun with her hair this morning. 

Jade had just walked into the makeshift classroom when she was bombarded with, "Lueitenant Renegade" from three different people.

She looked at each individual and acknowledged them, "Admiral Simpson, Captain Maverick, Lieutenant Bradshaw. Good Morning"

"Good morning Lieutenant," Admiral Simpson began, "I'm simply here to inform you that you have very important mail in the office"

"Sir, you came down from your fancy office with your plates full of donuts to tell me about my mail that I was too intoxicated to pick up last night?" Jade asked bluntly.

The admiral cringed, "You should watch who you're talking to, Lieutenant. And yes I had to because one letter is from your bitch of a mother who won't stop calling me to tell you to get your mail"

"Sir if you know who I'm related to, and you've - how do i say this - experienced both of my parent's personalities. Are you surprised I turned out this way?" Jade laughed a little, quietly because now with the sun and the engines in the near distance, she realized her head did hurt a little. Jade inwardly thought about how Emma must be feeling right now.

"Yes I have, now please get your mail at the end of class Lieutenant Renegade" The Admiral left with a slightly amused tone.

 "I don't think I've heard anyone but Mav talk to him like that and live" Bradley laughed.

Jade cringed away from Bradley, "Oh my ever-loving god Rooster, you're so fucking loud."

"Renegade," Maverick called, "Question?" Jade nodded signaling that Mav could ask her a question, "You're on the beach, what game do you play?"

Jade thought for a second, "Volleyball, Football, maybe soccer"

"Soccer, great. Also, I need to talk to you after class" Maverick threw in that tiny detail and walked away.

Jade looked wide-eyed at Bradley, "You didn't say anything did you?!"

"No of course not, he doesn't know Jade" Rooster confirmed.

 "Good, Here," Jade handed him one of the coffees, "it's just black like from last night, but I'd thought you'd want coffee too"

"Aw, thanks Ren" He laughed

Jade huffed, "Don't call me that! I'm not the protagonist of the stupid Footloose movie. I can't even dance" Jade wined at the last part

"One I saw you last night, and yes you can dance. Two, Footloose is absolutely amazing how dare you!" Bradley faked offense by putting a hand on his chest.

 "I don't now man I always fall asleep" Jade ended up laughing hard and regretting it as her head pounded a bit more intensely.

 "Well, one day we can watch it together. And you'll have to stay awake because I'll be dancing and singing. So someone has to make fun of me" Bradley suggested.

  "Yeah that sounds like a fun time" Jade nodded.

  "Jade," Emma appeared hand on her head

 "Woah, Emma why are you even here! You look terrible!" Jade exclaimed, earning a sush from Emma. Jade looked back at Bradley, "We can talk later Come on Emma, you're sitting with me today"

Emma and Jade sat towards the back on the left. About the third row back. Emma sat down slowly, speaking quietly to Jade, "Don't think I didn't see that" She smiled

"What are you talking about?" Jade replied in the same tone, sipping her coffee as she sat next to Emma.

"It's obvious Jade, Rooster likes you. He just asked you out basically." Emma scoffed under her breath.

"Okay one, Bradley and I are friends. F-R-I-E-N-D-S. Two, he totally did not. We're like best friends, have been since we were like kids" Jade admitted.

Emma looked only slightly offended by the term best friend not being used with her, "So I'm not the best friend I guess"

Jade became annoyed with this, "You're a good pal, but total best friend material. We just need to hang out, have a few girls nights because those never happen on bases"

Emma smiled, "Yeah I get it, just joking, somewhat. My fault honestly, thinking I could break a Mitchell Bradshaw friendship." She lightly giggled, keeping it quiet.

"What do you mean?" Jade was confused, tilting her head at Emma.

"Honestly, so clueless, I mean isn't it funny that you instantly connect as besties with Rooster. Ironic even. With your father's and all. It just seems pre-destined, like Goose is up there pulling the strings. Making sure that you guys are friends. Destiny or whatever" Emma explained.

Jade realized where Emma's thoughts were going, Jade had thought about this as well. There was silence after Emma's statement. Jade just thought about the ironic friendship. Happiness over the new friendship eventually turned to fear as Jade asked Emma a question, "Emma, you don't think history will repeat itself will you?"

 "What do you mean? In what way?" Emma asked slowly, trying to collect her thoughts through the pounding in her head.

 "As in maybe Bradley hits his head a little too hard, on a canopy while ejecting from a flatspin" Jade mumbles.

"No, I don't think it will Jade. When history repeats itself, it always seems to repeat because the current person doesn't learn from past mistakes. You have, and I'm sure he has. I don't think you should worry" Emma smiled, but Jade sensed a hesitation in her answer. Not sure if it was the hangover or actual concern Jade let the question be.

Her other classmates started trickling in, including a butt hurt looking Norman, who dropped his gaze when he made eye contact with Jade. Once the entire class was there, Maverick decided to begin class.

"You all may be wondering why class is outside today? Well, That's what happens when you make your captain pay for drinks at the bar, so this is what they call, payback" Maverick grinned, and the entire class groaned. "In all seriousness though, most classes will be outside, as long as the weather agrees with us."

 As Mav droned on about the technical aspects of flying and certain tactics. Specifically, the ways in which you can expand on basic attack manoeuvers such as the Barrell Roll attack, the High yo-yo, and Immelmann turns. He also talked about making sure we all pay attention to Jet Washes - noting that flying into a jet wash could easily kill you and/or your RIO. Jade took notes, but her thoughts were somewhere else...